Lime's Question/ Help Thread

*Limelight*

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Aug 29 2006, 06:33 AM)
Ok. band stuff.

A friend of mine who is REALLY good, even better than my current guitarist might want to join us. He also has a keyboard.

Should we skip on the keyboardist, and take the second guitarist as our lead, and use his keyboard, which my current guitarist can use?

Well, in that case.

You can skip the keyboards.

And just have two guitarists.

Then continue the search for another keyboardist.

Or, use this second guitarist for keyboards.

And it would be unfair to your 1st guitarist to switch from guitar to keyboards, after he's been a member for a little while.

If anything, the new guy should play keyboards.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 29 2006, 01:45 PM)
Ok. band stuff.

A friend of mine who is REALLY good, even better than my current guitarist might want to join us. He also has a keyboard.

Should we skip on the keyboardist, and take the second guitarist as our lead, and use his keyboard, which my current guitarist can use?

Well, in that case.

And it would be unfair to your 1st guitarist to switch from guitar to keyboards, after he's been a member for a little while.

I actually meant for the first guitarist to play predominantly guitar, with some keyboard parts, aswell as vocals. Sortof like Geddy, except with a guitar.

Because i was thinking, we would have to completely change our style of Prog if we got a keyboardist, because we couldnt have him sitting there doing nothing whilst the song was going on.

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Aug 29 2006, 10:51 AM)
Ok. band stuff.

Well, in that case.

I actually meant for the first guitarist to play predominantly guitar, with some keyboard parts, aswell as vocals. Sortof like Geddy, except with a guitar.

Because i was thinking, we would have to completely change our style of Prog if we got a keyboardist, because we couldnt have him sitting there doing nothing whilst the song was going on.

Hmm..

Well, you could also do this with the bassist, like rush.

This way, the second guitarist doesn't come in oddly rigt after the keyboards.

Atleast with using a bassist for keyboards, the drummer can use the bass kick pedal, to create a bass sound.

While, the keyboards are still playing.

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 29 2006, 02:28 PM)
Ok. band stuff.

Well, in that case.

Hmm..

Atleast with using a bassist for keyboards, the drummer can use the bass kick pedal, to create a bass sound.

Yes, but my bassist isnt that experienced at bass, let alone keyboards. Actually. i dunno if my second guitarist can play keyboard.

Me and the possible second guitarist are the most skilled players in the band.

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Aug 29 2006, 11:30 AM)
Ok. band stuff.

Well, in that case.

Hmm..

Yes, but my bassist isnt that experienced at bass, let alone keyboards. Actually. i dunno if my second guitarist can play keyboard.

Well, then screw the keyboards.

And go with 2 guitarists a drummer and a bassist.

If another keyboardist comes along, good.

If not oh well

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 29 2006, 02:35 PM)
Ok. band stuff.

Well, in that case.

Hmm..

If not oh well

Well, my first guitarist agreed to use the seconds keyboard. We'll just see how it plays out. thanks smile.gif

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Aug 29 2006, 11:39 AM)
Ok. band stuff.

Well, in that case.

Hmm..

If not oh well

Well, my first guitarist agreed to use the seconds keyboard. We'll just see how it plays out. thanks smile.gif

Oh, glad it all worked out. trink39.gif

Now go make some killer music.

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 29 2006, 07:24 PM)
Ok. band stuff.

Well, in that case.

Hmm..

If not oh well

Well, I will once they stop getting so busy... Both guitarists have something going on: Football for one, and Swimming for the other, And my bassist has a camp for like another week.

All ive got is drumming laugh.gif

But, we are sortof moving forward, slowly, but surely.

and really, it all sortof depends on wether this other guitar guy even joins, because he told us "I'm joining a band this year. I might go with you guys, or another local band."

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Aug 30 2006, 06:04 AM)
Ok. band stuff.

Well, in that case.

Hmm..

If not oh well

Well, I will once they stop getting so busy... Both guitarists have something going on: Football for one, and Swimming for the other, And my bassist has a camp for like another week.

and really, it all sortof depends on wether this other guitar guy even joins, because he told us "I'm joining a band this year. I might go with you guys, or another local band."

Well, then just make him a good offer, and reasons to join, i say.

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 31 2006, 08:06 PM)
QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Aug 30 2006, 06:04 AM)
Ok. band stuff.

Well, in that case.

Hmm..

If not oh well

Well, then just make him a good offer, and reasons to join, i say.

I was actually talking to him, only a bit, and he actually said he liked our song sample thing (which weve basically almost scrapped, for something better). All he said is that we need better sound, which can be done.

I think h'ell join. He's a really good freidn of mine anyway.

But, theres a new delema: my first guitarist (the one thats currently in) dosnt know if our bassist should be in tha band, and that we should find a new one. The bassist has been my friend for like my entire life, he's a year younger than us. He just strted playing bass recently, and i'm almost agreeing with my guitarist. Should we go on a search for a more exerianced bassist?

Another delema in my life:

Just got a haircut last night. It looks HORRIBLE! the front is WAYY too short, whilst the rest is still longish. I really dont like it, my sister was laughing at me, and i dont feel like going into public anymore. What do i do?

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Sep 2 2006, 05:20 AM)
Another delema in my life:

Just got a haircut last night. It looks HORRIBLE! the front is WAYY too short, whilst the rest is still longish. I really dont like it, my sister was laughing at me, and i dont feel like going into public anymore. What do i do?

Wear a hat, whenever you can.

Try to get another haircut ASAP.

Or Get someone close to you to cut it

If all else fails, wear a toque.

That's all i can think of.

Maybe cut it yourself? confused13.gif

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Sep 2 2006, 08:49 PM)
QUOTE (fledgehog @ Sep 2 2006, 11:07 AM)
Don't get haircuts in the future. laugh.gif

My last haircut was forced upon my by school authourities in January...

That could be an option aswell.

confused13.gif

Yup, thats what i'm doing. enough of this "your getting your haircut when i want it" shit. i'm so pissed at my mother...

I got my last haircut only like a month ago. I'm not getting it cut for another year. i'll go HippyHair.

oh, and Fledge, why were you FORCED to get a haircut? unless you go to a private school?

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Sep 3 2006, 11:28 AM)
Why don't they cut down dead trees do they think they are any good ?

Well, in alot of dead trees there is a fair amount of wildlife in them.

And though alot of the logger's cut down perfectly fine trees, some of the dead one's are the most important.

Archived