Yeung Chow Fried Rice

barney_rebel

Just sitting here on my laptop and shovelling mouthful of rice with my chopsticks.

Soooo damn good.

Been ages since I've had this stuff. Going out for Thai food tonight too when I meet up with the TARFs (Toronto Area Rush Fans).

Anyone else from TO, please let me know. Feel free to join us.

I don't eat any kind of weird food, that includes Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Thai, etc and so on.

Then again, I don't like my foods to 'touch' either. Like peas rolling into my mashed potatoes. GRODY!!!!!!!!! (Don't get Chas started about my food touching issues. wink.gif

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Nov 11 2004, 12:04 PM)
I don't eat any kind of weird food, that includes Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Thai, etc and so on.

Then again, I don't like my foods to 'touch' either. Like peas rolling into my mashed potatoes. GRODY!!!!!!!!! (Don't get Chas started about my food touching issues. wink.gif

Hey - you too eh? I sometimes eat my steak on a speperate plate - don't want my potatoes contaminating the steak. It drives my wife nuts.

I guess my fish oil in protein shake will gross you out. wink.gif

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Nov 11 2004, 11:04 AM)

GRODY! OMG...I hadn't thought of that in YEARS!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Like, I TOTALLY hate my foods touching each other, too...it's so heinous...

biggrin.gif

YAY two more of you like me!!

My sister read online somewhere that not wanting your food to touch is a compulsion. Uh I would say YES it sure is!!

My friend here at work won't even eat casseroles, she is that serious about not mixing foods. At least I'm not that bad!

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 11 2004, 12:39 PM)
I pick out the bean sprouts out of pad thai, one by one with my chopsticks and form a pile. I get stared at often.

pad thai is my favorite item on the menu at a Thai Restaurant. Have not had it in years. You can give me all of your bean sprouts. and I'll MIX it in with everthing. I could care less. I just love to eat.

laugh.gif

I too have a FOOD CANNOT TOUCH! issue (though I'm better about it than I used to be). My grandma (rest her soul) would mash her food around and stir stir stir it...until you could not tell what it was. And my dad will do sort of the same, he puts beans, potatoes, meat, more beans and more potatoes on the fork for one bite. fing.gif

QUOTE (Trance @ Nov 11 2004, 02:48 PM)
I too have a FOOD CANNOT TOUCH! issue (though I'm better about it than I used to be). My grandma (rest her soul) would mash her food around and stir stir stir it...until you could not tell what it was. And my dad will do sort of the same, he puts beans, potatoes, meat, more beans and more potatoes on the fork for one bite. fing.gif

Tastes Good. MMMMMM

Mashed potatoe with spinach and ground beef all mixed together. MMMMM

Shepard's pie. MMMM

Mashed potatoes, beets and chunks of roast beef. MMMMMMMMM

Now I'm hungry

QUOTE (dweezil @ Nov 11 2004, 04:25 PM)
QUOTE (Trance @ Nov 11 2004, 02:48 PM)
I too have a FOOD CANNOT TOUCH! issue (though I'm better about it than I used to be). My grandma (rest her soul) would mash her food around and stir stir stir it...until you could not tell what it was. And my dad will do sort of the same, he puts beans, potatoes, meat, more beans and more potatoes on the fork for one bite.  fing.gif

Tastes Good. MMMMMM

Mashed potatoe with spinach and ground beef all mixed together. MMMMM

Shepard's pie. MMMM

Mashed potatoes, beets and chunks of roast beef. MMMMMMMMM

Now I'm hungry

Certain foods mixed together taste great. Each individual flavor making it's own statement in your mouth - while also creating a blended and unique ta........

OMG just EAT!!!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Nov 11 2004, 06:52 PM)
Dweezil! *shudder*

Although you'll be glad to know my dad does that too, just to annoy me. Chas also took great pleasure in it as well. wink.gif

laugh.gif

Me and NPG's friend took great joy in me mixing my green peas and ham and my corn into my mash potato.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 11 2004, 09:39 PM)

Certain foods mixed together taste great. Each individual flavor making it's own statement in your mouth - while also creating a blended and unique ta........

Chefs design menus with the mixing of flavours in mind.

The items on their menus are SUPPOSED to be mixed, however, cos my baby has a food touching issue, fing.gif , I got a sectioned plate just for her. wub.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Nov 11 2004, 05:00 PM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 11 2004, 09:39 PM)

Certain foods mixed together taste great.  Each individual flavor making it's own statement in your mouth - while also creating a blended and unique ta........

Chefs design menus with the mixing of flavours in mind.

The items on their menus are SUPPOSED to be mixed, however, cos my baby has a food touching issue, fing.gif , I got a sectioned plate just for her. wub.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif Takin' care of the babe. peas in one section, corn in the other, meat in the big area. That's perfect!! laugh.gif

Archived