Sheet Music/Tab transcriptions for Power Windows-Roll the Bones & Clockwork Angels

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Eel Yddeg

Eel Yddeg

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 16 September 2019 - 02:32 PM

The website musicnotes.com has a very good array of Rush sheet music, most of which are scored for either piano/vocal/guitar, and some guitar tab transcriptions with lead/backing vocals (example here). It's been very helpful for me to find details about the songs, in particular the exact harmonies for Geddy's backing vocals in the Counterparts onward period.

However, for some reason, there is very little sheet music listed for the albums between Power Windows-Roll the Bones on the website, as well as none for Clockwork Angels. I've found some of it online on various websites, but they're nowhere near as detailed as the ones on musicnotes.com (for instance, no backing vocals are listed). Does anyone have a way to find detailed sheet music for those songs, with backing vocals and all listed?

Sponsored Post

#2 stoopid

stoopid

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • Interests:Music, climbing, birds

Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:52 PM

I have Guitar Pro, a music tab/transcription software that's paid (there is a free trial, don't know what the restrictions are).  There's a fairly healthy community of musicians that use the software and share their files online.  Sometimes these are complete transcriptions, all instruments, sometimes more limited.  There's a healthy amount of Rush material available this way and might be worth looking into to fill in those voids.

#3 stoopid

stoopid

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • Interests:Music, climbing, birds

Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:52 PM

Forgot the link: https://www.guitar-p...om/en/index.php

#4 edhunter

edhunter

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4224 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 07:19 PM

I just did them by ear...not sure if they're still online...

#5 apetersvt

apetersvt

The Professor

• Members
  • 3587 posts
  • Interests:wine (good beer and cheap liquor actually), women, and song

Posted 17 September 2019 - 05:20 PM

I bought the CA book.   https://www.amazon.c...c/dp/0739091743

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users