The 2015 vinyl downloads

YYZumbi

From what I understand, all the downloads from Fly By Night up to Hold Your Fire is AAC (lossy) files. And then from Presto up to Snakes & Arrows is 24 bit Flac.

Is this correct? So far, I have only tried to download A Farewell To Kings and Counterparts. A Farewell To Kings was AAC while Counterparts was Flac.

I do not really care about the AAC files, so I only want to download the albums that is in flac.

Edited by YYZumbi

I don't know if this makes a difference to you or not, but the Presto, Roll The Bones & Feedback downloads are 48 kHz 24 bit flac files, while the others (Snakes & Arrows, Counterparts, Test For Echo) are 96 kHz. I didn't buy any of the earlier Mercury years albums, so I can't confirm either way. It is strange that they would use AAC instead of ALAC though, if they were so intent on using an Apple format. That is a real dick move. I am more glad than ever that I didn't bother with any of those re-releases. Edited by diatribein

I believe that's the case. The Mercury albums are needle drops and lossy. They're not perfect but sound good nonetheless.

Thats just stupid. And its also weird that they are AAC files instead of Mp3 files. Mp3 is more known for people that don't know these kind of stuff.