My movie..Rush 'weapon', first cut

launchpad67a

Alright folks, the 'first cut' of the my flash movie is up and ready for viewing.

There are a few things you need to know first:

1) This is a 'Flash' movie. If you don't have the latest flash player (v7) go 'HERE' to get it first.

2) This movie is very draining on your computers processors, so quit all programs before viewing, to free-up memory.

3) I have found that once you play the movie once, it will perform much better on the next play. Your computer will cache it after the first run and will be more 'in sync' the second time and thereafter.

4) It is very large and depending on your internet connection could take awhile to download (8Mb). But it's worth it!

**Over 250 photos and a soundtrack with 12+ song samples**

**Run time 4:30**

**Turn it UP! **

That's it, I hope you like it. View it here... Rush 'weapon'

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Sep 30 2004, 12:24 PM)
Alright folks, the 'first cut' of the my flash movie is up and ready for viewing.
There are a few things you need to know first:

1) This is a 'Flash' movie. If you don't have the latest flash player (v7) go 'HERE' to get it first.
2) This movie is very draining on your computers processors, so quit all programs before viewing, to free-up memory.
3) I have found that once you play the movie once, it will perform much better on the next play. Your computer will cache it after the first run and will be more 'in sync' the second time and there after.
4) It is very large and depending on your internet connection could take a while to download (8Mb). But it's worth it!

**Over 250 photos and a soundtrack with 12+ song samples**
**Run time 4:30**
**Turn it UP! **

That's it, I hope you like it. View it here... Rush 'weapon'

I tried to send all my pics to ya, but there were just too many....I can send them to you it will just take me a while to section them off and send a little at a time smile.gif I am going to check out the vid tho smile.gif

Hell yeah!!!! I love making flash!! Which program do you use? I use swish myself, it's pretty easy to use. Your flash is awesome, I can tell you put a lot of time into it. The one I have is pretty generic but it's Rush so it's still kind of cool. I hosted it on geocitys but everytime I go to watch it I can't because it's down. I will try to host it again and post it here soon.

I think you got me inspired dood!!! I will have to make some more flash soon. Thanks!!!! 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 30 2004, 02:59 PM)
Hell yeah!!!! I love making flash!! Which program do you use? I use swish myself, it's pretty easy to use. Your flash is awesome, I can tell you put a lot of time into it. The one I have is pretty generic but it's Rush so it's still kind of cool. I hosted it on geocitys but everytime I go to watch it I can't because it's down. I will try to host it again and post it here soon.

I think you got me inspired dood!!! I will have to make some more flash soon. Thanks!!!! 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif 2.gif 2.gif

VVERY VERY GOOD!!!! yes what program do you use? trink36.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 30 2004, 05:31 PM)
Not sure which he used, but I always liked Macromedia's.

Macromedia is a pretty damn good program, I downloaded it and it has so many options that I was overwhelmed so I went back to Swish since it was more user friendly yet it doesn't have the capabilities that Macromedia has. I guess Swish is more for the novice user like me lol.

Thanks everyone! Yeah, it was a ton of work. When I joined this forum it inspired me to make a movie, so I did. It still needs some adjustments but it's alright for now.

I used Macromedia Flash MX, Adobe Photoshop7, and Wavelab for the whole thing. I used something like 250 photos, all of which had to be sized, fixed and manipulated in photoshop first before bringing into flash. That was the most time consuming part. Wavelab is an audio mastering program I used for the soundtrack. It was a lot of fun to make.

Flash is a great program and is becoming so popular today, I use it for all my web design stuff. I'm not a movie maker, I'm a web designer. BTW, if anyone has ever wanted their own website, I'm the guy! I'm pretty reasonable too...lol.

Oh, if anyone wants to download this movie, so it will be on your computer to view whenever, let me know. I'll put up a different link for that.

Thanks for all the nice comments, I only made it for you guys!

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Sep 30 2004, 09:08 PM)
Thanks everyone! Yeah, it was a ton of work. When I joined this forum it inspired me to make a movie, so I did. It still needs some adjustments but it's alright for now.

I used Macromedia Flash MX, Adobe Photoshop7, and Wavelab for the whole thing. I used something like 250 photos, all of which had to be sized, fixed and manipulated in photoshop first before bringing into flash. That was the most time consuming part. Wavelab is an audio mastering program I used for the soundtrack. It was a lot of fun to make.
Flash is a great program and is becoming so popular today, I use it for all my web design stuff. I'm not a movie maker, I'm a web designer. BTW, if anyone has ever wanted their own website, I'm the guy! I'm pretty reasonable too...lol.
Oh, if anyone wants to download this movie, so it will be on your computer to view whenever, let me know. I'll put up a different link for that.

I think I will need your skills for a snowboarding club webpage......are you up for it!? lol laugh.gif trink36.gif

D-13 Posted on Sep 30 2004, 11:24 PM
I think I will need your skills for a snowboarding club webpage......are you up for it!? lol

Yes, no problem. When can we start?

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Sep 30 2004, 11:08 PM)

Or we can go to our Temp internet files where it's already downloaded on our PC !!!!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif

I think....................let me check cool.gif

Indica,

Ah, yes you can if you know where to look! I'm not sure it's in there as a .SWF file though. Thats really what you need to view with flash player. Tell me if you find it.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Oct 1 2004, 01:05 AM)
Indica,
Ah, yes you can if you know where to look! I'm not sure it's in there as a .SWF file though. Thats really what you need to view with flash player. Tell me if you find it.

I just do a search in my temp file for all SWF files until I find it. I should be able to filter my search by date and find it faster. Hmmm I didn't find it.......I'm getting tired but I will try tomorrow, I have grabbed files from my temp files a few times before. Tomorrow I will figure it out, I know it's on the pc somewhere. What is the name of the file? that will help smile.gif

Indica,

File name would be 'Rush.swf'. I don't think it stores the data in this format though.

I can easily make a new file for everyone to download.

Alright, by popular request, well at least one. Here are the new links for the movie.

To View Streaming:

Rush 'Weapon' streaming

To Download files:

Rush 'Weapon' download

1022.gif trink38.gif ALL HAIL LAUNCHPAD67A!!!!!!! 1022.gif trink38.gif

Dude that was totally and completely awesome!!! I'm glad I waited the one day so that I could save it smile.gif Now I can watch it whenever my little Rush-lubbin' heart desires wub.gif Thank you for that wonderful masterpiece...and be lookin' in the poetry thread for many many accolades to your awesome work of Rush-Art smile.gif

Archived