Music Today Presale - Tips and Tricks

Snaked

So after going through the musictoday.com presale for the 4th consecutive tour this morning I decided to write out a list of tips and tricks that might help somebody who is going to fight the system.

Granted, this wont help anybody looking for shows that went on sale today... but for future presales somebody might find something in here that is helpful.

1. My computer is time synched with the time.windows.com server and for each show I checked today tickets went on sale EXACTLY at noon. I began clicking the "Ticket Info" link on the page that has the list of shows at 11:59 and right at 12:00 the page went live to proceed.

2. The first page you come to is "Terms and Conditions". Just click "CONTINUE" at the bottom right.

3. Next page you need to enter your email address and click a box stating you are 13 or over. I use the Chrome browser so my email address auto-filled. You might want to do a quick copy/paste to save yourself a couple seconds

4. Now you're on the actual ticket selection page. This is where you choose the price level and quantity of tickets you want. From past experience the floor is ALWAYS the top option. You click a drop down box to select the number of tickets you want (1-4).

5. Next you need to deal with the RECAPTCHA. RECAPTCHA on this site is cAsE sEnSiTiVe so be ready! It will be a random sequence of between 4-7 characters.

6. If you cannot read the RECAPTCHA there is a link directly under it to show a different image. Use this link instead of fumbling with one you cannot read

7. If there are not enough tickets in the price range/area you choose simply use the drop-down box again to select the quantity. You will NOT have to re-type the RECAPTCHA. It should already be in the box.

8. If tickets are available the next screen will show you the location of the tickets selected for you. Use the link "REQUEST NEW ITEMS" if you do not like these tickets. Do NOT use your browsers back button!

9. If you went back to select new seats be prepared for a new RECAPTCHA

10. If you're happy with the seats that popped up for you click CONTINUE and follow the prompts.

11. As I stated earlier I use the Chrome browser. Some people have mentioned that their session crashed and they lost their tickets. This happened to me on the information page and I simply refreshed and Chrome recovered. Maybe I was lucky... maybe it's something in Chrome. I dont know but consider Chrome when using this site. (but dont blame me if it messes up tongue.gif)

12. Just like previous tours, the ticket I bought for Manchester today did not show up until a good bit after the sale began. It wasnt until a full 10 minutes after the sale so persistence pays off!

13. Understand how the MusicToday.com site works. You have 10 minutes to complete your order from the time the tickets appear... this is why many people (myself included) report finding great seats well after the sale begins. If the first person to pull tickets does not complete their order in that 10 minutes the tickets go back into the pool for the next person. I will say it again, PERSISTENCE PAYS OFF!!!

14. Don't get put off by the experience. There are other pre-sales to be had along with the general on-sale for each show. If you dont find something good today you probably will tomorrow.

I hope this helps a little bit.

If anybody else wants to add anything then be my guest.

I just wanted to give people who would be searching for tix in the coming weeks a little heads up to possibly help them find better tickets.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 23 2012, 07:48 PM)
So after going through the musictoday.com presale for the 4th consecutive tour this morning I decided to write out a list of tips and tricks that might help somebody who is going to fight the system.

Granted, this wont help anybody looking for shows that went on sale today... but for future presales somebody might find something in here that is helpful.

1. My computer is time synched with the time.windows.com server and for each show I checked today tickets went on sale EXACTLY at noon. I began clicking the "Ticket Info" link on the page that has the list of shows at 11:59 and right at 12:00 the page went live to proceed.

2. The first page you come to is "Terms and Conditions". Just click "CONTINUE" at the bottom right.

3. Next page you need to enter your email address and click a box stating you are 13 or over. I use the Chrome browser so my email address auto-filled. You might want to do a quick copy/paste to save yourself a couple seconds

4. Now you're on the actual ticket selection page. This is where you choose the price level and quantity of tickets you want. From past experience the floor is ALWAYS the top option. You click a drop down box to select the number of tickets you want (1-4).

5. Next you need to deal with the RECAPTCHA. RECAPTCHA on this site is cAsE sEnSiTiVe so be ready! It will be a random sequence of between 4-7 characters.

6. If you cannot read the RECAPTCHA there is a link directly under it to show a different image. Use this link instead of fumbling with one you cannot read

7. If there are not enough tickets in the price range/area you choose simply use the drop-down box again to select the quantity. You will NOT have to re-type the RECAPTCHA. It should already be in the box.

8. If tickets are available the next screen will show you the location of the tickets selected for you. Use the link "REQUEST NEW ITEMS" if you do not like these tickets. Do NOT use your browsers back button!

10. If you're happy with the seats that popped up for you click CONTINUE and follow the prompts.

11. As I stated earlier I use the Chrome browser. Some people have mentioned that their session crashed and they lost their tickets. This happened to me on the information page and I simply refreshed and Chrome recovered. Maybe I was lucky... maybe it's something in Chrome. I dont know but consider Chrome when using this site. (but dont blame me if it messes up tongue.gif)

12. Just like previous tours, the ticket I bought for Manchester today did not show up until a good bit after the sale began. It wasnt until a full 10 minutes after the sale so persistence pays off!

13. Understand how the MusicToday.com site works. You have 10 minutes to complete your order from the time the tickets appear... this is why many people (myself included) report finding great seats well after the sale begins. If the first person to pull tickets does not complete their order in that 10 minutes the tickets go back into the pool for the next person. I will say it again, PERSISTENCE PAYS OFF!!!

14. Don't get put off by the experience. There are other pre-sales to be had along with the general on-sale for each show. If you dont find something good today you probably will tomorrow.

I just wanted to give people who would be searching for tix in the coming weeks a little heads up to possibly help them find better tickets.

Good advice!

I got very god seats from the presale.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 23 2012, 07:48 PM)

goodpost.gif

I hope this helps me when it comes time for the Columbus presale. I didn't get ideal tickets in 2010 because I was tight on money. That is not the case this year and I really hope I find good tickets because I would hate to get bad seats based on bad luck alone.

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Apr 24 2012, 01:04 PM)
I hope this helps me when it comes time for the Columbus presale. I didn't get ideal tickets in 2010 because I was tight on money. That is not the case this year and I really hope I find good tickets because I would hate to get bad seats based on bad luck alone.

The biggest trick is to learn one simple principle - "Don't Panic!" (thank you Douglas Adams).

It sounds cheesy or downright arrogant but if you establish a REASONABLE range of where you want to sit you WILL find it as long as you're persistant.

Maybe not on day 1 of presales - maybe not even in the first 4 weeks.... but eventually it'll happen as long as you check frequently and don't give up.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 24 2012, 12:16 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Apr 24 2012, 01:04 PM)

The biggest trick is to learn one simple principle - "Don't Panic!" (thank you Douglas Adams).

It sounds cheesy or downright arrogant but if you establish a REASONABLE range of where you want to sit you WILL find it as long as you're persistant.

Maybe not on day 1 of presales - maybe not even in the first 4 weeks.... but eventually it'll happen as long as you check frequently and don't give up.

I would like to sit in the first 10 rows and obviously I would like to sit on Geddy's side. Siiiigh. The waiting for the presale is killing me. I just want to get it over with. I have a feeling that I will spend most of my work day attempting to find the ideal tickets.

Great outline, Snaked! A few things I do not understand. Bear with me for this rambling and thanks in advance.

I'm signed up for the rush.com newsletter, which I know works because I've received an e-mail about the tour in general. It says, "Fan club pre-sales will be alerted via the Rush Newsletter". But this apparently doesn't mean notification of every venue's pre-sale will be sent out because I've received nothing about any specific venue's pre-sale.

I'm interested in Indianapolis. I understand pre-sale starts 1 May and regular sales 7 May. If I don't get a newsletter, I guess I depend on rushisaband.com/tour.php for the password. Is it always through livenation? What about what time the pre-sale starts?

And, I went to livenation to look at another venue pre-sale that is open and there were three links: Live Nation Presale, Citi Cardmember Presale, and Venue Presale. The password given on the rushisaband.com/tour.php site is only for the Live Nation Presale, right?

Aaaarrgh! I'm sorry to ask you or someone to sort through these questions but I really want to succeed.

A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission.

Great outline, Snaked! A few things I do not understand. Bear with me for this rambling and thanks in advance.

I'm signed up for the rush.com newsletter, which I know works because I've received an e-mail about the tour in general. It says, "Fan club pre-sales will be alerted via the Rush Newsletter". But this apparently doesn't mean notification of every venue's pre-sale will be sent out because I've received nothing about any specific venue's pre-sale.

I'm interested in Indianapolis. I understand pre-sale starts 1 May and regular sales 7 May. If I don't get a newsletter, I guess I depend on rushisaband.com/tour.php for the password. Is it always through livenation? What about what time the pre-sale starts?

And, I went to livenation to look at another venue pre-sale that is open and there were three links: Live Nation Presale, Citi Cardmember Presale, and Venue Presale. The password given on the rushisaband.com/tour.php site is only for the Live Nation Presale, right?

Aaaarrgh! I'm sorry to ask you or someone to sort through these questions but I really want to succeed.

A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission.

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Apr 24 2012, 12:56 PM)
I would like to sit in the first 10 rows and obviously I would like to sit on Geddy's side. Siiiigh. The waiting for the presale is killing me. I just want to get it over with. I have a feeling that I will spend most of my work day attempting to find the ideal tickets.

Don't worry too much. I was able to score a 7th row seat directly in front of Geddy in Boston by using MusicToday. It took about 15-20 minutes and what felt like a million searches. Eventually the good ones will appear.

What's really cool is that I kept searching and after about 10 more minutes the seat right next to mine popped up. Bought it for the lady, and figured we'd have a nice date night come October 24th. 1022.gif wub.gif

Just keep trying and you'll find something decent. Good Luck!

I got confused when I kept getting no response while trying to select the best sections. I dropped to the next level and many tickets came up. I also stayed (somewhat) patient and kept throwing back until tix came up on the side I wanted. I wanted closer but the tickets kept getting further away from the stage.

Ive gone back to check a few more time for something better and don;t see anything coming up closer. YMMV

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 23 2012, 05:48 PM)

Thanks for the info, just got 2 10th row tickets for Saskatoon....