New Orleans show may be rescheduled

strangedevice

From RIAB

"We'll find out at midnight Wednesday, when the regular NBA season ends," said arena spokesman Bill Curl. "We'll make an announcement Thursday morning."

When concert promoter Live Nation booked Rush at the New Orleans Arena, they were aware of this potential April 19 conflict, Curl said. "The first option on that date was always a playoff game for the Hornets," Curl said. "The NBA is aware of our situation, but they have first call on the date if they want it. Rush would have to move."

More than 10,000 tickets have been sold for the Rush show, Curl said. He was unsure when the concert might be rescheduled if it moves. The band is slated to perform in Houston on Sunday, April 20, then in Austin on Wednesday, April 23.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is for real??? You gotta be sh*tting me... Screw Basketball! They better not bump the show! angry.gif

If they do have to postpone / reschedule, I wonder if everyone gets to keep the same seats the bought (I've got third row), or do you have to try your luck again for good seats...

This is utter B.S.!

the tickets for the regularly scheduled show would be honored for the make up date. it has happened before and that is always the case. unfortunately i know many fans who are flying in to see the show and if they change the date they are ...umm...you know. new orleans at its finest..

So, what is the deal? Do they have to win the next two games (Tues, Wed), or what?

If they lose out, we don't have to worry about it? Can any locals chime in on this and clear this situation up?

They should have just booked the gig in Biloxi Mississippi, instead!

Man, I am gonna be pissed if the show isn't Saturday!

Okay... rantoff.gif

I have seats for this show and had been planning to fly in from out of town...and I will be joining a crew of several others from CP, all of whom are rolling in from out of town as well. If it is rescheduled to any night other than Friday (not sure if that is even possible - have not checked the schedule), we are all screwed and will have to cancel our trips. This really sucks...very irresponsible of Rush and Live Nation to schedule the date knowing of the potential conflict as NO is similar to Vegas in that many people view it as a fun road trip weekend with Bourbon St/nightlife...this sucks!! I am sure many, many people are in the same boat as me and may have to bow out due to work schedules etc...

QUOTE (LaVillaSean @ Apr 14 2008, 05:36 PM)
I have seats for this show and had been planning to fly in from out of town...and I will be joining a crew of several others from CP, all of whom are rolling in from out of town as well. If it is rescheduled to any night other than Friday (not sure if that is even possible - have not checked the schedule), we are all screwed and will have to cancel our trips. This really sucks...very irresponsible of Rush and Live Nation to schedule the date knowing of the potential conflict as NO is similar to Vegas in that many people view it as a fun road trip weekend with Bourbon St/nightlife...this sucks!! I am sure many, many people are in the same boat as me and may have to bow out due to work schedules etc...

Are you able to get refunds for your flight tickets at least?

Friday night is open... maybe they can move it up one night, if need be...

still, it sucks to have to change plans... I hope too many people don't get burnt on plane tickets!

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Apr 14 2008, 04:37 PM)
QUOTE (LaVillaSean @ Apr 14 2008, 05:36 PM)

Are you able to get refunds for your flight tickets at least?

I'm flying in, I will get a refund but only towards future travel. The Priceline hotel I booked is another story. I think if they lose the next 2 games it will help.

QUOTE (rushbass @ Apr 14 2008, 05:49 PM)
Friday night is open... maybe they can move it up one night, if need be... 

still, it sucks to have to change plans... I hope too many people don't get burnt on plane tickets!

If it's rescheduled to Friday, I bet Rush will be playing to (at best) a half-filled arena. I can't see how so many ticketholders can rearrange schedules and show up a day early.

I agree with LaVillaSean ... the band management and Live Nation flat out f**ked up on this one.

EDIT: I wonder if the concert can be moved to another arena in the city? What about the University of New Orleans' Lakefront Arena ... or Tulane? Is there an amphitheater in New Orleans?

This was a great topper to a lousy work afternoon. I am very pissed off right now. Fortunately the wife & I don't have to fly--unlike others who may get screwed on that...my condolences.

The Hornets have been one of the better teams in the NBA all season long...didn't anyone take possible playoff games into consideration?? Not. Smart.

NBA Playoffs start April 19th - The Hornets have already clinched a playoff spot and Most likely will Have Home court in the first round.. So basically the NBA has the decision do they let the Hornets sit on the 19th and have game 1 on the 20th or do they want to be douchbags.

If they do bump Rush don't worry out of 10K tickets sold I am sure that 500 are Hornets Fans as well.

I almost bought Tix for this show - so glad I did Detroit instead for my Travel show.

QUOTE (Syrinx Priest @ Apr 14 2008, 07:40 PM)
NBA Playoffs start April 19th - The Hornets have already clinched a playoff spot and Most likely will Have Home court in the first round.. So basically the NBA has the decision do they let the Hornets sit on the 19th and have game 1 on the 20th or do they want to be douchbags.

If they do bump Rush don't worry out of 10K tickets sold I am sure that 500 are Hornets Fans as well.

I almost bought Tix for this show - so glad I did Detroit instead for my Travel show.

The NBA will decide who plays when based on how they can make the most TV $, they don't give a f-ck about Rush... angry.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 14 2008, 06:44 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Apr 14 2008, 07:43 PM)
The NBA will do whatever is better for them financially.........I doubt they care at all about the band or it's fans............

laugh.gif beat me to it.

laugh.gif

It's sad but true..........

trink39.gif

The NBA will decide who plays when based on how they can make the most TV $, they don't give a f-ck about Rush... angry.gif

When NO Plays has no affect on how much $$ the NBA will get. The game will be sold out or close to it no matter when it is played. This will not be a matchup the NBA will care if it is in Prime Time or not for TV as it will not bring the best ratings (even this has no bearing on $$ as they already have TV contracts in place) -- San Antonio , Lakers , Celtics and Detroit are the teams people want to watch.. that gives them 4 other options for that slot. Not every series will start on the 19th.

A day basketball game at 12:30 and pushing the concert back 1 hour is easily doable , they could pull it off -- Sound check woul be a little rushed but it can happen. Here in NC they have NC State Basketball games with Hurricanes Hockey games in the same day at least one Sat every Feb or March.

QUOTE (Syrinx Priest @ Apr 14 2008, 06:40 PM)

Me being up here in Seattle and seeing how the NBA is dealing with the complete shaft that the Sonics are getting, I can tell you first hand that they are a bunch of douchbags. I wouldnt expect that the NBA would make any decision on what is best for the majority including Rush fans...only whats best for David Stern. F him.

QUOTE (Syrinx Priest @ Apr 14 2008, 06:52 PM)

When NO Plays has no affect on how much $$ the NBA will get. The game will be sold out or close to it no matter when it is played. This will not be a matchup the NBA will care if it is in Prime Time or not for TV as it will not bring the best ratings (even this has no bearing on $$ as they already have TV contracts in place) -- San Antonio , Lakers , Celtics and Detroit are the teams people want to watch.. that gives them 4 other options for that slot. Not every series will start on the 19th.

A day basketball game at 12:30 and pushing the concert back 1 hour is easily doable , they could pull it off -- Sound check woul be a little rushed but it can happen. Here in NC they have NC State Basketball games with Hurricanes Hockey games in the same day at least one Sat every Feb or March.

Couple things.......

1) They will not reschedule the NBA game to a WEEKDAY afternoon, no chance.

2)This is the NBA playoffs (not a regular college game), ESPN or TNT (considered PrimeTime), will likely carry the game and TV timeslot is HUGE, so when they play has a huge effect on $$$.

The NBA & the Hornets will make no concessions to any concert. Period. That's it. There's no point in discussing it or wishing/hoping/begging/ pleading/praying for it.

Live Nation & Anthem should never have scheduled this date with a possibility that fans would get screwed. And all it took was a quick look at the NBA standings, which showed N.O. as one of the league's better teams, even back in December.

Several 1st round series will start on Saturday, other will start on Sunday. Guess we better hope game 1 for the Hornets is Sunday.

Archived