2007-09-28 - Heart - Boston, MA

LakesideMaiden

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Sep 29 2007, 02:22 AM)
Sweet. trink39.gif

How was the show?

Awesome - though I feel as though we've been spoiled by 2.gif - they only played an hour and a half....felt a little weird walking out of a concert at 10:00pm laugh.gif

AWESOME!!!

Heart was the very first rock concert I was ever at in my life. I was a kid though and it was some kind of festival. I didn't even realize who we were seeing. laugh.gif

But I intentionally saw them again during the eighties twice. They are one of my fave bands of all time. I hope they come around here. I didn't even know they were on tour. wacko.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 29 2007, 08:57 AM)
AWESOME!!!

Heart was the very first rock concert I was ever at in my life. I was a kid though and it was some kind of festival. I didn't even realize who we were seeing. laugh.gif

But I intentionally saw them again during the eighties twice. They are one of my fave bands of all time. I hope they come around here. I didn't even know they were on tour. wacko.gif

yup yup biggrin.gif This was the first time I saw them live - I've wanted to for many years, but never heard about the concert until after my sister told me it was awesome LOL The closest they are playing to you guys is tonight before they head up to Canada:

9/29/2007

Atlantic City

Grand Cayman Ballroom - Trump Hotel

This was my niece's first concert - I'll be posting up pictures of them a litte later....it was so adorable and awesome to see them singing along with Barracuda, Crazy on You, Straight On, etc... wub.gif

this is actually the correct link to the first video in the bunch...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/Heart%202007-09-28/th_LoveReignOerMePartI.jpg

for some reason it's just going to photobucket's home page confused13.gif

QUOTE (Joshua @ Sep 29 2007, 06:25 PM)
Thanks Maiden!

I always love seeing Nancy's high-kick in Crazy On You. She's got the greatest female stage presence in rock music. A rock goddess! wub.gif

Glad you had a blast.

Nancy totally kicks ass 1022.gif And Ann is just amazing live ohmy.gif Got definite chills yes.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 29 2007, 09:55 PM)
Thanks Maiden!

I always love seeing Nancy's high-kick in Crazy On You. She's got the greatest female stage presence in rock music. A rock goddess!  wub.gif

Glad you had a blast.

Nancy totally kicks ass 1022.gif And Ann is just amazing live ohmy.gif Got definite chills yes.gif

yes.gif Several notes that Ann hit that sent shivers through me. Very powerful. Nancy started off slow but worked into a Rock Godess frenzy. A couple of points I didn't like:

The rest of the band: the drummer. Not sure if he is the orignal but he changed up quite a bit. Wasn't very happy with his playing overall (I am sooo spoiled by 2.gif !)

The bass player: Not sure if he is the original but he had no stage presence at all....Not cool.

The guitarist (non-Nancy)-He was good. Solid but looked more like what a bass player would. Very little stage presence.

The keyboardist. Very solid. Very good. Started playing a cowbell on one song that reminded way to much of the SNL skit. She was trying to be cool & I think over did it just a little.

So, in all, the concert was very good. I give it a 1022.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I just think Nancy & Ann need to get a new band to back them up & help them rock out harder. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Sep 29 2007, 11:07 PM)
Thanks Maiden!

I always love seeing Nancy's high-kick in Crazy On You. She's got the greatest female stage presence in rock music. A rock goddess!  wub.gif

Glad you had a blast.

yes.gif Several notes that Ann hit that sent shivers through me. Very powerful. Nancy started off slow but worked into a Rock Godess frenzy. A couple of points I didn't like:

The rest of the band: the drummer. Not sure if he is the orignal but he changed up quite a bit. Wasn't very happy with his playing overall (I am sooo spoiled by 2.gif !)

The bass player: Not sure if he is the original but he had no stage presence at all....Not cool.

The guitarist (non-Nancy)-He was good. Solid but looked more like what a bass player would. Very little stage presence.

The keyboardist. Very solid. Very good. Started playing a cowbell on one song that reminded way to much of the SNL skit. She was trying to be cool & I think over did it just a little.

So, in all, the concert was very good. I give it a 1022.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I just think Nancy & Ann need to get a new band to back them up & help them rock out harder. 1022.gif

Nice. trink39.gif

Much better than Metallica and Dream Theatre eh? tongue.gif

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Sep 29 2007, 11:22 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Sep 29 2007, 11:07 PM)
Thanks Maiden!

Glad you had a blast.

Nice. trink39.gif

Much better than Metallica and Dream Theatre eh? tongue.gif

yes.gif Without a doubt. Much as I like the other two bands, they weren't as good. Dream Theatre was tighter but that whole thing about being too technical sometimes is too much.

Archived