2016/17 Football thread

Brucey

Leicester is already willing to send Kapustka to a lower league. :eyeroll:

Could be a good thing if it gets him regular games, and used to the English game.

Then again, I personally would hold on to him and use him as a sub if Vardy does not regain his touch.

A Striker needs to play regularly to get in the zone.

This is the problem young strikers face in such a competitive league. You need to perform.

• Like 1

Leicester is already willing to send Kapustka to a lower league. :eyeroll:

Could be a good thing if it gets him regular games, and used to the English game.

Then again, I personally would hold on to him and use him as a sub if Vardy does not regain his touch.

A Striker needs to play regularly to get in the zone.

This is the problem young strikers face in such a competitive league. You need to perform.

He's really a midfielder, but the talk is he doesn't have enough muscle for English football. On the other hand, he has good speed, which can compensate for his skinny frame. I just wish they'd give him an honest chance to prove himself.

Oh I thought he was a striker.

Maybe they have bought him "for the future".

Any youngster showing promise seems to end up in the EPL these days.

Just look at how many players Chelsea and Man City have out on loan.

The numbers are mind blowing.

We have Patrick Roberts from City on loan at Celtic.

He is very talented, and it would be a crime not to have him playing in a first team somewhere.

Yet I doubt he will ever pull on a shirt for City in the EPL.

Sad state of affairs.

Celtic's Development squad make a great start to their Premier League International Cup

campaign, with a 3 nil away win against Aston Villa. This despite many of the squad

being away on International duty.

"Future Star" 16 year old Jack Aitchison got on the score sheet. 1 of 3 16year olds in the team.

Tremendous result against a much older team. The Goalie (Logan Bailly) even saved a penalty, taken by

Gabby Agbonlahor.

Next up in the group stage is Norwich and Sevilla.

If you had the chance, who would you call back for tomorrow game, Law or Dalglish?

Your question reminds me of this cracking anecdote...........

"In an aside, Paul McStay, the then Celtic captain, asked Jimmy Johnstone who he thought would win if the 1967 team was to play the team of 1992. Johnstone paused to consider for a moment, then replied that he thought it would be a draw. McStay suggested that perhaps the veteran was being kind to the current team. Johnstone explained -"well, you've got to remember that we're all in our fifties now!"

If you had the chance, who would you call back for tomorrow game, Law or Dalglish?

Your question reminds me of this cracking anecdote...........

"In an aside, Paul McStay, the then Celtic captain, asked Jimmy Johnstone who he thought would win if the 1967 team was to play the team of 1992. Johnstone paused to consider for a moment, then replied that he thought it would be a draw. McStay suggested that perhaps the veteran was being kind to the current team. Johnstone explained -"well, you've got to remember that we're all in our fifties now!"

I remember there's almost the same anedocte in George Best autobiography regarding him, Ferguson and Man Utd teams of 1968 and 1999

Just saw a brief snippet on sly sports news where apparently Gordon Strachan said he's not been happy with himself for a few years. I might be reading too much in to this, but if he's feeling low regularly he should see someone about it, people in football tend to sweep potential mental health issues under the carpet too much.
  • Like 1

Manager Wdowczyk decided to leave Wisla. His reason is not getting paid the last three months. I'm surprised he didn't get fired during the seven-game losing streak, but now that the team is winning, it's definitely a shock. Our super star from the 70s and 80s, Kazimierz Kmiecik, will take over the duties...

Boniek was some player in the 80's.

Unavailable. He's the head of the Polish Football Association. ;) Him and Platini were something to watch at Juventus. They won the European Cup in that infamous game in Belgium against Liverpool. :rose:
  • Like 1

Boniek was some player in the 80's.

Unavailable. He's the head of the Polish Football Association. ;) Him and Platini were something to watch at Juventus. They won the European Cup in that infamous game in Belgium against Liverpool. :rose:

I remember well Platini & Boniek days (I had season tickets in those years -Juventus won everything back then): Platini still remains THE ONE AND ONLY but in European cups matches Boniek was even better!

And if you add a bunch of Italian players who won the World Cup in 1982....

• Like 2