2016/17 Football thread

Brucey

Away at Liverpool tomorrow, I think we'll get a good slap to be honest. Mind you, Burnley have managed to beat them, so you never know.

Yep, got a good slap! :bitchslap:

I know how that feels.

Gave poor Kilmarnock a 6-1 spanking yesterday. Gordon came on at half time after the new guy let in a shot from about 30 meters out.

Gordon MUST be in goal against Man City for us to have any chance of getting anything from that game.

Barca, Gladbach and City all firing on all cylinders at the moment.

Bayern and Dortmund both won again in Germany.

Juventus remain a point clear of Napoli after a 1-0 win away to Palermo.

• Like 1

Juventus still leads Serie A in spite of a horrible game played in Sicily.

I guess Man City will set a new record for points made in Premier League at the end of the season.

And if I were Antonio Conte (he will always be a great figure for us, five Italian championships - and various international trophies - won as player and three as coach) I would start being a worried man...

• Like 1

After six league games we have allowed just four goals to our opponents so I think he's doing his job after all and I'm sure the defending units can still improve their strength.

But I don't see Juventus letting him go.

Premier League, Serie A, the San Marino division whatever, discuss it here!

Leicester City had an opportunity to win at least once after 48 years gaming. It was quite a victory.

(One Little Victory)

I'm keeping my eye on the new players and coach on Manchester City too.

Edited by rhyv

... Schalke 04 main theme: Losing It. :eh:

Dreadful start to the season for Schalke, but they are light years away from both Dortmund and Bayern.

They have not strengthened enough over the last couple of years to seriously compete in a very competitive league.

I'm sure they will climb the table eventually. Hamburg and Bremen also having a horrible time of it, and Bruno Labbadia has now been sacked.

RB Leipzig have made a good start to their first season in the Bundesliga, but continue to face protests from opposing fans who see them as a manufactured club.

Young Scot, Burke scored at the weekend to earn them a draw.

Incidentally, for those who don't know, RB does NOT stand for Red Bull, it means RasenBallsport . I wish journalists would do some basic research.

Man City visit Glasgow to take on Celtic tomorrow. Rodgers has seen sense and brought Gordon back into the team.

Interesting fact : Celtic have played English clubs 18 times in competitive matches and only lost 6 times.

It will take a monumental performance tomorrow for Celtic to maintain that record but they will give it everything, and with

that crowd behind them, anything is possible.

Edited by foghorn-leghorn

Derby have suspended Nigel Pearson, despite them playing in just a few hours. Steve Bruce is being linked with it, mind you he's getting linked with every job at the moment. Sam Allardyce might well be off so maybe his England offer will be back on the table.

The greed in modern football is disgusting.

Serves him right in my opinion.

Gareth Southend as possible interim manager I hear.

And to think he was my first choice! To be fair, I don't think anyone would have quite seen this coming.

Apparently numerous other managers are currently pooping their pants over this development, fearing having been caught by the same sting as Allardyce as part of a wider investigation into corruption in football by the Telegraph newspaper.

• Like 1

Leicester have won their first ever home match in the Champions League, 1-0 against Porto.

Spurs also won, Real Madrid drew away at Dortmund, and Legia lost 2-0 at Sporting.

Despite losing their manager just a few hours ago, Derby won 2-0 at Cardiff.

Well tonight's the night.

Can Celtic ( Total cost of CPL squad 19 Million) beat Man City ( Cost of squad 419 Million).

It will take a monumental effort but anything is possible I suppose.

Gordon back in goal with the manager now admitting he should never have dropped him

in the first place.

We must not concede early, which is something we do far too often in Europe.

I must admit, Sergio Aguero gives me nightmares.

I'm hoping City are complacent about the match, and that we can catch them cold in the first 20 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNx57zQUoiQ

Edited by foghorn-leghorn
  • Like 1

I remember watching that Barcelona game, Forster blocked nearly everything!

If Aguero wasn't so injury prone I think he'd widely be regarded as one of the best players in the world, his scoring record is of borderline Messi/Ronaldo proportions.

Despite that, my gut thinks you'll snatch a result tonight.

• Like 1