Where does all the...

D-13

Ok me being as a enviromental freak...What do you guys do with your left over sticks that you break? I have tons of drumsticks that are broken...do you think I can recycle them or something? I know it's a little wood and everything but...it's still a lot of wood. Anyone?

QUOTE (D-13 @ Sep 5 2005, 06:14 PM)
Ok me being as a enviromental freak...What do you guys do with your left over sticks that you break?  I have tons of drumsticks that are broken...do you think I can recycle them or something?  I know it's a little wood and everything but...it's still a lot of wood.  Anyone?

If you have a fireplace use them for kindling.

No, wait. Scratch that. OK, get some 2x4s, drill holes in the wide side at 45 degree angles, take the sticks and cut them all the same length, put some wood glue in the drilled holes and insert the sticks. Presto-instant hat rack. Since you have tons of sticks, make some for your friends too.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Sep 5 2005, 05:33 PM)
I plant them in the back yard hoping to grow a drum stick tree.

yes.gif

That is the best idea ever.

If only! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Speaking of broken drumsticks, my dad picked up one of Neil Peart's broken ones somewhere in the vicinity of his drumset when he went to the Grace Under Pressure tour. And I keep it very safe 1287.gif

Edited by The Slanny Ganizat

Which is something I've wondered about - Why does Neil break his sticks at the end of the shows. Is it that he doesn't want anyone taking them and selling them as a collectible or for some other reason?