Does this make me a bad parent?

Tombstone Mountain

My youngest son just got his driver's permit, so my wife wanted to take him out on the road. I decided to tag along in the backseat and kept my mouth shut the whole time. After we were finished, I said to my son "So how does it feel to be learning from Salieri when Amadeus was sitting in the back seat?" Does that make me a bad parent?

Those that cant do teach.

• Like 1

My seven year old boy is a cub scout. There's a summer camp that he wants to attend. He can go if I pay, or if he raises the money through coupon books provided by the scouts. They're $2 a pop, with $75 worth of savings. The night the pack gave us the chance to choose how many books we wanted I was surprised the most any scout committed to was 10. I thought we could do at least 20. So my son and i started looking at the rewards you get for selling that amount. We dusted 20 in no time.

I looked again at the rewards and decided he should aim further and higher. You want a sleeping bag? A tent? A night vision monocle? New uniforms? He needs to pound the pavement...which means I too must do the same.

I called the Den leader and asked for 150 more. We sold out today.

Yesterday I took him to housing projects in my town. By all means poor people. Only 3 homes couldn't afford a book, so we just gave them one anyway. Even if they had to look in the couch for change, they bought a book. Tonight we went to another neighborhood. Sold out.

He simply read a script about being able to attend camp if he raised the funds from the drive, I stood back and displayed the book. People love helping the scouts.

Now, he's got enough money for camp, but I think he should dream big. He's put a total of 4 hours into this thing. The money isn't due until April 30th.

I think he should try to put in 40 hours of fundraising and see where it takes him...he's not so sure.

I'm gonna make him do it.

Does this make me a bad parent?

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

On the subject of parenting: I think women who have blonde daughters deserve a medal for the amount of worrying they do. I read about the case of Jaycee Dugard. I realize that it could've happened to anyone, but I'm really glad I'm not blonde. Blondes get a lot more attention than they want or need. It's hard to concentrate on school or your job when you're constantly getting hit on.
  • Like 1

On the subject of parenting: I think women who have blonde daughters deserve a medal for the amount of worrying they do. I read about the case of Jaycee Dugard. I realize that it could've happened to anyone, but I'm really glad I'm not blonde. Blondes get a lot more attention than they want or need. It's hard to concentrate on school or your job when you're constantly getting hit on.

My daughter is prolly considered a 'dirty blonde' as opposed to a 'platinum' because she wasn't a Marilyn Monroe type....but she must not have had that much of a problem with it, or didn't care. She's still a Hobbit, (4' 9") and cute as a bug in a rug to me, at least, but aside from being hit on by some magnum LOSERS, at times, she's probably had a normal growing up stint..... :ebert: :clap: :) :banana: :wub:http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/MyFamily-KrystalArbitor-Better.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan