The Official KISS Thread

The Cat 3

What about this demo featuring Paul Stanley doing the chorus. There's the a ton of great pictures in this video too.

I love that version

This is one demo that I think was much better than the album version

• Like 1

What about this demo featuring Paul Stanley doing the chorus. There's the a ton of great pictures in this video too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YF2T596yH0

I love that version

This is one demo that I think was much better than the album version

I really like Vinnie's solo on the album though, it's excellent!

How about this one?

• Like 2

There is something electric about demos that make me like them more than the glossy of the album versions ... Lick It Up is a little slow, but I like the rawness of it and Nowhere To Run

Nowhere to Run by contrast is a faster tempo than the Killers version.

lol

If Kulick would have shown that much balls with his playing, he would have left more of a mark in the band

Seriously, Vinnie seems like a lost soul - all the talent in the world - great songwriter, singer, and he's got great chops on the guitar - but so much shit seems to follow him ...

Didn;t one of his wives mysteriously die ??

lol

If Kulick would have shown that much balls with his playing, he would have left more of a mark in the band

Seriously, Vinnie seems like a lost soul - all the talent in the world - great songwriter, singer, and he's got great chops on the guitar - but so much shit seems to follow him ...

Didn;t one of his wives mysteriously die ??

Yeah I was surprised when Kulick piped up. I don't know why he was so sore it's not like his guitar playing on that album is particularly memorable. He's a good guitarist but not much identity in it and he hasn't much stage presence. It's like he's invisible at times. When I first saw him in 1984 I thought well ok he's new and it might take a while for him to get established but he pretty much was always that guy who you didn't really notice that much.

• Like 1

If you've never seen Vinnie in this, prepare to fall off your chair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW-OfaiBs9k

Oh God what band is that? Jeez when they goosestep across the stage that's embarrassing!

I think it was 1977 - w/ Dan Hartman

The guy on bass is GE Smith - famous for being in the Saturday Night Live television show band

• Like 1