The Official KISS Thread

The Cat 3

Peter is so underrated. He is a LEGEND.

Earl, I love Peter's drums on the early stuff .. He was reckless and never played the same thing twice

Starting at about the 5:04 mark here, Peter's playing is awesome, and why I love him so much

( and Gene totally fuckks up the first line lol )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2pBXWYuMLA

Lucas! I love your passion and fire for one of the most underrated drummers ever! Even Paul hates him! He was perfect for the band back in "the day." Great footage buddy! I agree with you about Peter and his "recklessness." Perfect for the greatest American Rock And Roll Band on the planet!

• Like 2

In a way kiss got me into metal, them and alice cooper.

Great showman , who really took a concert to the next level.

One sad thing is last time i saw them, paul sounded horrible. Really bad. Bummer as he was always an underrated vocalist imo

It's ok! YOU ARE A ROCK AND ROLLER!!!!!! KISS RULES! The Haters can shoot heroin and pop pills while listening to Neal Morse!!!! Talk about a wimpy vocalist. Eric Johnson can sing better! Whoops wrong thread! LOL!

• Like 2

Peter is so underrated. He is a LEGEND.

he was taught, in part, by no other than Gene Krupa.

Get out of town!!!! Are you serious??????? I never knew that!!! INCREDIBLE!!!!

From wiki.... He was an avid art student and a swing aficionado. [4] While playing with bandleader Joey Greco, Criss ended up studying under his idol, Gene Krupa, at the Metropole Club in New York.[5] This turned into an active musical career as he went on to play jazz and rock with a number of bands in New York and New Jersey throughout the 1960s

Interestingly, the other guy in the 2nd photo is NY Dolls' drummer Jerry Nolan

http://users.tpg.com.au/adsle4l5/petercrissdrums/peter%20n%20krupa.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/64bb4b743661a8b586aefd56c45eb3e0/tumblr_miabdbgRB21s3ihwto1_500.jpg

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 3

Do you guys like Johnny Thunders? I just bough his documentary dvd.

Earl, I really like The Dolls, and Johnny Thunders with his solo career

Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory is a classic

Love this one too

• Like 1

Do you guys like Johnny Thunders? I just bough his documentary dvd.

Earl, I really like The Dolls, and Johnny Thunders with his solo career

Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory is a classic

Love this one too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2REE-6lhV-M

Thanks for posting this stuff! I love the Dolls but I have no Thunders solo stuff!

I often take my music, as a musician, too seriously, for better or worse, so I just can't get into these guys enough to love them. A lot of it is so unabashedly cheesy or fails to live up to the epic proportions it tries so hard to emulate, and I've got zero respect for those pathetic clowns Stanley and Simmons.

However there are a few songs I like. Pretty much anything off of Alive or Alive II is great, most of whatever Ace wrote was great (Ace was the real musician in a band of money-hungry f***s), and Creatures of the Night is a TEXTBOOK definition of a hidden gem album. Eric Carr was a monster on the kit.

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 1

I often take my music, as a musician, too seriously, for better or worse, so I just can't get into these guys enough to love them. A lot of it is so unabashedly cheesy or fails to live up to the epic proportions it tries so hard to emulate, and I've got zero respect for those pathetic clowns Stanley and Simmons.

However there are a few songs I like. Pretty much anything off of Alive or Alive II is great, most of whatever Ace wrote was great (Ace was the real musician in a band of money-hungry f***s), and Creatures of the Night is a TEXTBOOK definition of a hidden gem album. Eric Carr was a monster on the kit.

I admire your honesty and as a serious drummer who never got lucky in the business I must say playing to Rush albums just makes me "GET OFF."

However I love playing simple too and playing to KISS records is also fun! Hell I will play to anything except country and hip hop of course!!!

CARR RULES!!!!! RIP

• Like 1

I wouldn't be able to make an album ranking of these guys, but I do know that Destroyer, Creatures of the Night, and the debut would make top 3 in that order.

After Love Gun, apart from Creatures of the Night and one or two songs off of Psycho Circus, it's all garbage.

Edited by BowlCity

I wouldn't be able to make an album ranking of these guys, but I do know that Destroyer, Creatures of the Night, and the debut would make top 3 in that order.

After Love Gun, apart from Creatures of the Night and one or two songs off of Psycho Circus, it's all garbage.

You have "Destroyed" my heart tonight.

"Hotter Than Hell?"

But my favorite KISS album is "ROCK AND ROLL OVER!!" You don't like that one? Even the cover kicks ASS!

I going to vomit.

• Like 1

"Hotter Than Hell?"

But my favorite KISS album is "ROCK AND ROLL OVER!!" You don't like that one? Even the cover kicks ASS!

I going to vomit.

Those two albums both have a few songs that are good. Like I said, anything post-Love Gun that wasn't Creatures of the Night is ~95% cock.

"Hotter Than Hell?"

I going to vomit.

Those two albums both have a few songs that are good. Like I said, anything post-Love Gun that wasn't Creatures of the Night is ~95% cock.

Ok good. I won't try and throw up. I totally understand your take on albums like "The Elder," 'Unmasked" and "Dynasty." For a second I thought you said "rock" but it's cock.

Yep KISS = COCK ROCK and I love it all baby! Well all of it up to "Creatures Of The Night."

Some stuff on "Lick It Up" "Animalize" and "Asylum" are good.

"Hot In The Shade" "Crazy Nights" are cock.

"Revenge" is ok but still..... cock.

"Psycho Circus" is cock. Except for the Ace tune.

"Sonic Boom" has a few good tunes.

"Monster" is cock.

Glad I don't like cock.

Glad to be single again.

"Rock out with your cock out."

Signed,

Chad Smith

• Like 1

So, I finished my KISS marathon of the classic line-up today.

I have to tell you what a joy it was being transported to a different time in my life and the discussions of that time with you all.

I can't imagine how many times I played all of those albums back in the day and how instrumental they were in my life.

What great fun and what great memories!

• Like 3

So, I finished my KISS marathon of the classic line-up today.

I have to tell you what a joy it was being transported to a different time in my life and the discussions of that time with you all.

I can't imagine how many times I played all of those albums back in the day and how instrumental they were in my life.

What great fun and what great memories!

The original line-up covered a lot of genres. Hard rock, metal, glam, power pop, disco, prog, etc.

Here's one example - "Hard Luck Woman". Seriously, how good a song is "Hard Luck Woman"?

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 3