Baroness's new album Purple

Presto-digitation

This needs a thread. Fantastic new record and quickly ascending to my album-of-the-year spot even this late in the year. Return to the heavier guitars from their first two albums with the increased melodies and vocal harmonies from their last double album. Fantastic stuff.

http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products//bmmg/ent/L857223004250.JPG

Edited by Presto-digitation
  • Like 2

:yes: I just got into Baroness this summer and while I thought Yellow and Green had its moments, Purple clicked with me almost immediately. Definitely has its place on my top 10 albums of this year. I just got back from seeing them do a 5 song in-store performance and signing and they played a lot of songs from the new album and they sounded fantastic.
  • Like 1

I got the Red album a few years ago and I thought it was a pretty good album. The next one The Blue Album went in a slightly different direction, the wrong direction for my taste. And the Yellow Album took it even further in the wrong direction. They've lost me by now.

I listened to it once so far, and didn't really like it that much. Several have suggested a few more listens to let it set in. I will give it a few more. Im glad many others have enjoyed it so far. As a whole I'm a fan of this band, so we shall see what a few more listens bring

I listened to it once so far, and didn't really like it that much. Several have suggested a few more listens to let it set in. I will give it a few more. Im glad many others have enjoyed it so far. As a whole I'm a fan of this band, so we shall see what a few more listens bring

Like most worthy things, yes...give it repeat spins. The album has some great sonic layers.

Enjoy.

I like it a lot so far, not exactly AOTY, but close. Still waiting for the vinyl to arrive in the mail

You'll not get that before Crimbo now!

Oh well, it ain't mine.

Who's it for then?

My brother, he ordered the fancy deluxe edition, I get to mooch since i have the record player

I like it a lot so far, not exactly AOTY, but close. Still waiting for the vinyl to arrive in the mail

Oh well, it ain't mine.

Who's it for then?

My brother, he ordered the fancy deluxe edition, I get to mooch since i have the record player

Well it might still arrive in time, when was it ordered?

Oh well, it ain't mine.

Who's it for then?

Shipped out on the 18th, the day it came out. We'll see. In the meantimes I have the FLAC

Oh well, it ain't mine.

Who's it for then?

Shipped out on the 18th, the day it came out. We'll see. In the meantimes I have the FLAC

The 18th, yeah that's cutting it fine a bit. It depends how fast they are with their service. Who is it amazon or direct from the band's website or something like that?

I saw them in Savannah, Georgia last Saturday in front of about 150 hometown folks. Fun show. They played four cuts from the new album, including the debut of the album closer. Very fun.

Great band.

I saw them in Rochester in 2013. They played all the good stuff off Y&G. Hoping they come back on the next leg.

That's an utterly laughable statement in my estimation. Their writing and vocals have grown substantially. Funny how one person's version of "going commercial" (LOL) is another's version of evolution. These guys continue to improve on just about every level. That said I really dig their first two albums. But I don't look at a band discovering harmony and melody as a sign of softening or weakening or selling out. How ludicrous. I'd much rather have more than purely growling tuneless vocals, but then again I have never liked that approach.

Give this album a spin, kids. One of the year's very best.

That's an utterly laughable statement in my estimation. Their writing and vocals have grown substantially. Funny how one person's version of "going commercial" (LOL) is another's version of evolution. These guys continue to improve on just about every level. That said I really dig their first two albums. But I don't look at a band discovering harmony and melody as a sign of softening or weakening or selling out. How ludicrous. I'd much rather have more than purely growling tuneless vocals, but then again I have never liked that approach.

I disagree, this band';s music hurts my soul!! My very soul! And you want me to listen to this band as it crushes the life out of me??? What kind of man are you?? :madra:

I disagree, this band';s music hurts my soul!! My very soul! And you want me to listen to this band as it crushes the life out of me??? What kind of man are you?? :madra:

So, just to be clear, you dont like it?

• Like 1