Any weightlifters here?

djflex

I used to lift weights religiously when I was young & was in killer shape. Only do exercise that's weights free now.

Me too. I was 220 of solid muscle. All that wear and tear on my body really messed me up. I was up to 385 bench and 720 squat in college. I now have bad knees and lower back, and I'm sure a lot of it had to do with worrying more about how much I could lift rather than how I was lifting it.

Yeah, every time I go to the gym I see dudes trying to lift way more than they should. Bad form, & forcing themselves so hard as if they're going to shit and vomit simultaneously. All that just to lift some number a few times? Possible injury and long term debilitation shouldn't be goals.

• Like 2

I used to lift weights religiously when I was young & was in killer shape. Only do exercise that's weights free now.

Me too. I was 220 of solid muscle. All that wear and tear on my body really messed me up. I was up to 385 bench and 720 squat in college. I now have bad knees and lower back, and I'm sure a lot of it had to do with worrying more about how much I could lift rather than how I was lifting it.

Yeah, every time I go to the gym I see dudes trying to lift way more than they should. Bad form, & forcing themselves so hard as if they're going to shit and vomit simultaneously. All that just to lift some number a few times? Possible injury and long term debilitation shouldn't be goals.

in college, everyone's invincible... too bad I learned the truth too late
  • Like 1

powerlifters , bodybuilders or just general trainers unite!

I am fairly new to active posting here so just checking in.

When i was young i listened to rush almost exclusively when training. Still at it. Mostly doing strength training now. May try a powerlifting event one day,

Post your stories as you see fit

powerlifters , bodybuilders or just general trainers unite!

I am fairly new to active posting here so just checking in.

When i was young i listened to rush almost exclusively when training. Still at it. Mostly doing strength training now. May try a powerlifting event one day,

Post your stories as you see fit

I'm not a power lifter but I do like going to the gym to lift weights. I run at least once a day, sometimes twice and go to the gym 3-4 times a week to work out my upper body. I don't want to be buff at all but I do want to see definition in my arms. I want to be strong and healthy. Besides, my youngest weighs like, what a moose weighs and I usually need to carry his sleeping carcass upstairs every night. I may look like I'm wrestling a beefy midget but gosh darn it, I can lift that beefy midget!

• Like 1

in college, everyone's invincible... too bad I learned the truth too late

Sorry to hear that. I was into tennis and racquetball in college and didn't get into weights until I was 29. So I never had to face that mind of invincibility (in regards to weights at least).

Now you're just a fat fool who can barely get out of bed!

I read that as, "fart tool." Ima use that so much now! So many people I know who fit that title.

I read that as, "fart tool." Ima use that so much now! So many people I know who fit that title.

Me as well, after certain meals at certain times I go on a spectacular super inferno 100 farts rampage!

Me as well, after certain meals at certain times I go on a spectacular super inferno 100 farts rampage!

I'm a very competitive person in a house filled with boys. Once, I ate cabbage, onions and beans. Junior pulled my finger and the house was akin to being in a wind tunnel. I was so very proud of myself. I hold top honors. My incredibly upset, gas-filled belly pain was SO worth it!

• Like 1

I'm a very competitive person in a house filled with boys. Once, I ate cabbage, onions and beans. Junior pulled my finger and the house was akin to being in a wind tunnel. I was so very proud of myself. I hold top honors. My incredibly upset, gas-filled belly pain was SO worth it!

Farting can be a big relief too if you get a stomach gas build-up.

Farting can be a big relief too if you get a stomach gas build-up.

It's like a big weight that has been lifted.

• Like 1

Is that 100 farts one after the other, or all 100 in one go? :LOL:

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Both!!

• Like 1

Both!!

Yowl! :scared: