STRYPER new album "Fallen" out October 16, cover art revealed

treeduck

Besides Stryper rocking it for Xian rock, other fine bands include Theocracy (power metal), Armageddon USA (new album out 7-4!), August Burns Red (new one out today!), Barren Cross (kind of reminiscent of Maiden), Bloodgood, Deliverance, Tourniquet, Sacred Warrior, and Worldview.

Before I mention my brief Stryper story, I must preface it by disclosing that I am a full-on atheist...can't stand religion, don't like being proselytized to, absolutely don't want it in government/public policy, etc. etc. I'd always just sort of lumped Stryper in with those typical '80s hair bands (an era in which, while I had been born, I was definitely not old enough to get into as it happened...and wasn't huge on Poison, Ratt, Warrant, etc.)...fast forward to this past Friday. I'd gotten home from work and sat down to find something on TV. We have this channel called AXS, which shows a lot of random music programming. So after seeing nothing else was on, I noticed AXS was showing a relatively recent Stryper DVD, called Live at the Whisky. I decided what the heck, I'll check out a few tunes. I was absolutely blown away...so much so, that I ended up watching the entire 90-minute airing. While I wasn't crazy about the message, I couldn't deny the vocals, the guitars...these guys can REALLY rock, and more than that, they can really PLAY. I was especially impressed by Michael Sweet and Oz. So, while I still have my own feelings about life and the universe, Stryper really opened my eyes to some amazing music, even though I don't care for a lot of the lyrical content. If they come anywhere near me on their next tour, I'll definitely go see them.
  • Like 1

Before I mention my brief Stryper story, I must preface it by disclosing that I am a full-on atheist...can't stand religion, don't like being proselytized to, absolutely don't want it in government/public policy, etc. etc. I'd always just sort of lumped Stryper in with those typical '80s hair bands (an era in which, while I had been born, I was definitely not old enough to get into as it happened...and wasn't huge on Poison, Ratt, Warrant, etc.)...fast forward to this past Friday. I'd gotten home from work and sat down to find something on TV. We have this channel called AXS, which shows a lot of random music programming. So after seeing nothing else was on, I noticed AXS was showing a relatively recent Stryper DVD, called Live at the Whisky. I decided what the heck, I'll check out a few tunes. I was absolutely blown away...so much so, that I ended up watching the entire 90-minute airing. While I wasn't crazy about the message, I couldn't deny the vocals, the guitars...these guys can REALLY rock, and more than that, they can really PLAY. I was especially impressed by Michael Sweet and Oz. So, while I still have my own feelings about life and the universe, Stryper really opened my eyes to some amazing music, even though I don't care for a lot of the lyrical content. If they come anywhere near me on their next tour, I'll definitely go see them.

Yeah I don't care about the religious lyrics and themes and artwork. I just look at it like it's their gimmick like a lot of bands have satanic lyrics and imagery, I don't worry about that either it's all just part of the package.

• Like 1