How does this tour rate? (possible spoilers)

LittleRushmonkey

I nearly cried when they played Lakeside Park after my face melted off from Cygnus X-1 (who knew there was a drum solo at the centre of a black hole :eh: )

:LOL:

It was like following Lassie through wormhole.

The coolest thing about this show is that it gives us fans who weren't able to see Rush in the really early years a chance to time travel. Watching the 2nd set and encore, it really did almost feel to me like I was back in 1981 seeing the MP tour. I realize their chops and Geddy's voice aren't the same as back then, but they did a great job crafting a setlist that they can still play decently well and that also very creatively celebrates what I call their "jam" era. They went a long way towards trying to please fans of their older material this time out. They didn't have to do it and although there may've been some missed notes and shaky vocals here and there, I totally applaud them for attempting it. This is a good way to close the curtain on Rush as a touring act, sad as it is that that must occur.

Their musical abilities aren't perceptibly different for those of us who DID see the Moving Pictures tour.

Geddy's voice isn't the same but last week I honestly didn't notice. That's the beauty of being there.

I really liked the set list to be honest. I like the fact that they basically ignored the era I am most ambivalent about, PoW to T4E, performing only Animate and Roll the Bones. And I liked that they pulled out quite a few surprise tracks, like Hemispheres and Cygnus X-1, even if some of them aren't necessarily my favorite song from the album they represented.

I'm sure if I listen to a soundboard or to the inevitable live album there will be some clunkers from Geddy, but in the moment, being there, I thought he sounded amazing. Which is all that really counts.

I agree. This is perhaps the finest show I've seen Rush play. I nearly cried when they played Lakeside Park after my face melted off from Cygnus X-1 (who knew there was a drum solo at the centre of a black hole :eh: )

My only wish was that they'd played La Villa. I know I'm in the minority, but I've never been a big Jacob's Ladder fan (but it did rock, plodding though it is). Oh to see what they've been playing in Toronto, Newark, what's coming up in NYC, Vancouver, LA. So, okay two wishes, La Villa and Losing It.

:hi: Rick :hi: Hope you're well. :)

I was thinking of you last week my friend. I was wondering if you were there. Nice having you back here.

Oh and put me down as one who loves LVS live.

• Like 1