Ticket Sales

Many ticketmaster venues have the map option where you can see the entire arena, and all blue dots are available seats from the venue and red dots are resale seats. For each venue ticket page that has this option you will see precisely how many seats are available for sale.

Many ticketmaster venues have the map option where you can see the entire arena, and all blue dots are available seats from the venue and red dots are resale seats. For each venue ticket page that has this option you will see precisely how many seats are available for sale.

I noticed that for another artist, but my ticketmaster doesn't offer this option for the Rush shows.

I noticed that for another artist, but my ticketmaster doesn't offer this option for the Rush shows.

Can you view them with StubHub?

Stubhub will give you a good idea of the overall number of tickets they have to sell for each show. With SH, you click on a section or area and see how many are available in that area or section.

Technically, since it is secondary, the tickets on SH have already been purchased.

Edited by dtpoet

Ticketmaster is slowly hidding what is really available. They will block out seats to make the show seem like it is selling better then it is. hoping to get people to buy thinking it os getting close to selleing out.

If you look at AXS tickets they will only give you a small sample of what is actually available in each section.

As far as I can see, most shows are gonna be sold out or close to. They are selling extremely well... Edited by Na na na

TM has availability by seat for a little more than half the Rush shows. MSG has it, the Pru does not. Boston and A few in the NE have it as well.

If you are using an old fashioned laptop or PC, it should work. On mine it does. When I am on the iPad, it does not.

Edited by Gabrielgil513

I wouldn't necessarily buy into the interactive map, when available on tm, as showing all seats that are or will be for sale. We all know they hold seats back and drop them randomly or closer to show date (particularly good seats). It's also obvious that tm funnels seats directly to brokers and stub hub....so while it would seem they have been "sold" already so as to be available on the secondary market, that isn't really the case if they were funneled initially to those secondary sources.

I wouldn't necessarily buy into the interactive map, when available on tm, as showing all seats that are or will be for sale. We all know they hold seats back and drop them randomly or closer to show date (particularly good seats). It's also obvious that tm funnels seats directly to brokers and stub hub....so while it would seem they have been "sold" already so as to be available on the secondary market, that isn't really the case if they were funneled initially to those secondary sources.

The question was is there a way to tell if a show is selling well...

You can easily tell if a show is selling well, or is a sell out, or close to a sell out. If there are plenty of available seats on the interactive map in the upper deck, by the hundreds,then that puppy ain't selling.

It's actually the promoter that controls the tickets. In many cases nowadays, in merger happy monopolistic USA, they are owned by same parent co.

The "held back" seats typically are held and unused by industry and are the type that will sell very quickly once released and would not impact the status of a capacity crowd show.

dt, the map is available for MSG, unfortunately not for the pru.

Edited by Gabrielgil513

I only look at the sites, not design them ;)

The Pru had no seats available for the venue for months, then added some side stage sections that were available recently

Safe to say it will be a capacity crowd.

I know. Lol! The really, really dumb part is that I was looking at The Rock for Imagine Dragons for my kids (who play 2 nights after Rush) and TM has the interactive map for them. Grr. However, I noticed with MSG that they even had the resales listed on the map where with I.D. they don't.

I'm sure they have some reason for doing it that way.

Edited by dtpoet