New Europe album War Of Kings...

greyfriar

...is addictive. An unbelievable album. Always thought of them as some kind of poser band and then this. A straight forward rocker with fantastic guitar work, great organ sounds and vocals from Tempest, that are absolutely high-class. Hats off.

Now, how to use this recording, is to listen loud, without ignorance, prejudice and fear... :cool:

http://youtu.be/XPQZjT8Oa5w

War Of Kings is such a refreshing breathe of rock music, it's beautiful. A lot of Lizzy, UFO, Rainbow references in the songs.

Fu*k I love it! This album proves that Rock'n'Roll can never die. :smoke: :madra:

Europe are amazing.

Have yet to hear this album, but I have never been disappointed by them before. Expecting the same old "this band still going? They are awful" rubbish to start at any moment.

Love me some cheese. But I hear this album has a blues rock vie, sorta like Deep Purple, am I correct (haven't got time to play it, sorry!).

Europe are amazing.

Have yet to hear this album, but I have never been disappointed by them before. Expecting the same old "this band still going? They are awful" rubbish to start at any moment.

Love me some cheese. But I hear this album has a blues rock vie, sorta like Deep Purple, am I correct (haven't got time to play it, sorry!).

Yeah you can hear some Purple in the album, mostly from some bluesy solos or the organ sounds.

It's also pretty much influenced by the 3 bands I mentioned.

I'm seeing them next month in NYC with Black Star Riders...can't wait.

Thanks for the post...sounds great.

Have fun and enjoy the show. :cheers:

• Like 1

Let me know what you think.

It grows and grows here. I'm on my 6th spin tonight, it's massive.

What's the extra track instrumental like?

It's a little tune that reminds of Hackett first, but it blends into something unique, in terms of the guitar.

The sheer joy of playing on this album is immense. :haz: :madra:

Edited by greyfriar

It's a little tune that reminds of Hackett first, but it blends into something unique, in terms of the guitar.

Ok I like the album and I'm all ready to order. I may just grab the regular edition though as it's £3 cheaper, (the instrumental didn't do enough to sway me ha ha). Also I've just noticed a double pack of their previous two albums Bag of Bones and Last Days of Eden for £8 so I might grab that too, make it a Europe triple score. It's the same line-up and "classic rock" direction on these albums as well. :D-13:

• Like 1

Ok I like the album and I'm all ready to order. I may just grab the regular edition though as it's £3 cheaper, (the instrumental didn't do enough to sway me ha ha). Also I've just noticed a double pack of their previous two albums Bag of Bones and Last Days of Eden for £8 so I might grab that too, make it a Europe triple score. It's the same line-up and "classic rock" direction on these albums as well. :D-13:

Wait a sec I've changed my mind! I'll just get the War of Kings album because I've realised that the new Barren Earth album is about to be unleashed!! So it'll be a double whammy!

• Like 1

Wait a sec I've changed my mind! I'll just get the War of Kings album because I've realised that the new Barren Earth album is about to be unleashed!! So it'll be a double whammy!

Oh and I'll be nabbing the extra track edition after all!

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 1

I've been playing this one for a while now & it rocks. I've always liked Europe. Their latest run of albums have been excellent & undervalued. Also check out Bag Of Bones, Last Look At Eden & Secret Society. All solid rock albums. Edited by Turbine Freight
  • Like 1

I've been playing this one for a while now & it rocks. I've always liked Europe. Their latest run of albums have been excellent & undervalued. Also check out Bag Of Bones, Last Look At Eden & Secret Society. All solid rock albums.

They also produced THIS:

I've been playing this one for a while now & it rocks. I've always liked Europe. Their latest run of albums have been excellent & undervalued. Also check out Bag Of Bones, Last Look At Eden & Secret Society. All solid rock albums.

Good old TF. I knew that I can count on you in this thread and thanks for the recommendations, I'll check the albums out. :cheers:

Right now I'm listening to WOK again and I must say it's really a special release to me. Maybe because it was totally unexpected, or because I had no hopes when I first listened to it, but it hit me like a hammer.

Great rock album and I can't get enough. :haz: