Which Rush album took the longest to grow on you?

Rush Fan in Michigan

Caress and Hemispheres. I dont love Caress but I respect it relative to the band inner state of mind at the time. Hemis is kind of 85% great and less so because -Bk:2 is about 5 mins longer than it needs to be.

that's what I've been saying for YEARS

Signals. Not because it came after MP or that it has too many keyboards. Because it sounds like it was recorded under water to me. The 2 albums on either side of it sound so good, I still can't understand how Signals sounded so weak from the same studio. My guesses range from Terry was not fully into the music and it reflected in the production, all the way to some other band had all the good recording mics in another room.
  • Like 1

HYF. Took about 28 years.

:laughing guy: ^^^This. It took me almost 28 years to listen to it for the first time. I actually like it now save for the last two sh*t songs. The rest is actually very good. They should have quit after the first 8... :)

Probably Vapor Trails due to the prodcution issues that have been covered man times. The Remix is such joy.

Though I prefer the rawness of the original, VT is a really fine work. Out of the Cradle was an "error". ENDLESSY sucking

After being totally hooked by AFTK and Hemispheres... I'd have to say Permanent Waves....

They went in a slightly different direction at the time, and it took me a LITTLE while to really warm up to that album...but once I did, I was thoroughly HOOKED!

I have a question for you.

Do you remember which songs on Permanent Waves you initially liked, or did you not care for the entire album?

I think at first I just dug Freewill, and Jacob's Ladder...MOSTLY Freewill (and I'm not sure why)...but then the more I listened to it, the more I got into the rest of it. Natural Science is probably my favorite song from the album, now.

After being totally hooked by AFTK and Hemispheres... I'd have to say Permanent Waves....

They went in a slightly different direction at the time, and it took me a LITTLE while to really warm up to that album...but once I did, I was thoroughly HOOKED!

Do you remember which songs on Permanent Waves you initially liked, or did you not care for the entire album?

I think at first I just dug Freewill, and Jacob's Ladder...MOSTLY Freewill (and I'm not sure why)...but then the more I listened to it, the more I got into the rest of it. Natural Science is probably my favorite song from the album, now.

Interesting that Freewill was your favorite. Seems like JL and NatSci aren't much of a far cry from Hemispheres material

Interesting that Freewill was your favorite. Seems like JL and NatSci aren't much of a far cry from Hemispheres material

True! I just remember loving Freewill at first listen, then the rest slowly coming on board. What's also interesting, for a while I used to hit skip when Freewill came on...I actually like this one better than Moving Pictures on the whole.

• Like 1