Original Ozzy era Black Sabbath v. Led Zeppelin

I don't know enough Sabbath music in depth to even participate :facepalm: . I did have Paranoid on 8 track back in the day however... :ph34r:

Slacker!! :P

I know. I am strange no doubt. I have always just enjoyed what I enjoyed and rarely stray. For the most part the general rule is/was that I don't like or own anything that was popular with the masses. I have not one Beatles, Stones, Who, Sabbath album in my collection. I am trying to think of some other very popular bands back in the day that I don't own anything from. Again I am a bit different and don't deny that fact.... :wacko:

you'd like sabbath, since no sabbath likely means no budgie (could be wrong but they sound like sabbath fans to me), no priest, etc

????? Not sure what you mean? I got plenty of Budgie and Priest (70's of course)... ?

no no no, I mean sabbath had an influence on those bands. my bad

• Like 1

I don't know enough Sabbath music in depth to even participate :facepalm: . I did have Paranoid on 8 track back in the day however... :ph34r:

Slacker!! :P

I know. I am strange no doubt. I have always just enjoyed what I enjoyed and rarely stray. For the most part the general rule is/was that I don't like or own anything that was popular with the masses. I have not one Beatles, Stones, Who, Sabbath album in my collection. I am trying to think of some other very popular bands back in the day that I don't own anything from. Again I am a bit different and don't deny that fact.... :wacko:

you'd like sabbath, since no sabbath likely means no budgie (could be wrong but they sound like sabbath fans to me), no priest, etc

????? Not sure what you mean? I got plenty of Budgie and Priest (70's of course)... ?

no no no, I mean sabbath had an influence on those bands. my bad

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Now I got it. Agreed btw....

I saw both bands in the 70's. Led Zep over Sabbath. Don't get me wrong, Sabbath was outstanding but if I'm comparing to Led Zep, LZ it is.

Albums

Black Sabbath v. Led Zeppelin. The 1st Sabbath album for me. It's much more musically progressive. ( A Bit O Finger, Sleeping Village, Warning ) :heart:

Paranoid v. LZ II. Both albums really shine but LZ II for me. LZ II really shows the talents of the band. I could do without the Moby Dick drum solo.

Master of Reality v. III. Masters for me. Love the sludgy tones of Iommi's guitars.

Vol IV v. IV. LZ IV for me. Four Sticks, When the Levee Breaks and the mandolin in Battle of Evermore.

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath v. Houses of the Holy. Where's that confounded bridge? I lost the love for Sabbath at this point of their career. The Song Remains the Same IS my favorite Led Zep song so.. No Quarter !! :smoke:

Sabotage v. Physical Graffiti. Physical Graffiti without question. Custard Pie as an opener, Sick Again as a closer and the flow of songs in between ?!?!? Fantastic. As I said before, I didn't think too much of Sabbath at this point.

Technical Ecstasy v. Presence. Again, checked out of Sabbath. Presence is a brilliant album and that album cover and gatefold, priceless. :finbar: For Your Life :haz:

Never Say Die! v. In Through the Out Door. ITTOD. Carouselambra is the reason.

Fave song from Led Zep

http://youtu.be/LWYiddSs4wk

Fave song from Sabbath

http://youtu.be/gnGo_ta6gbs

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1