Which NFL franchise ends up in LA?

WorkingAllTheTime

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which NFL franchise ends up in LA?

• St. Louis Rams
    • San Diego Chargers
    • Oakland Raiders
    • San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders (shared stadium plan)
    • St. Louis Rams, San Diego Chargers, and the Oakland Raiders in a death match for a fan base
    • Another franchise
    • No franchise

I'd love a team in OKC but both the Cowboys and Chiefs are less than a five hour drive away. Fan bases are already in place. College football reigns supreme among the people with OU and OSU. While OKC is the second largest city by landmass I wonder if the NFL thinks the population is small. The Okies do show their NBA Thunder much love.

If the Rams leave how and when does St Louis get a team back?

Edited by JohnRogers

I'd love a team in OKC but both the Cowboys and Chiefs are less than a five hour drive away. Fan bases are already in place. College football reigns supreme among the people with OU and OSU. While OKC is the second largest city by landmass I wonder if the NFL thinks the population is small. The Okies do show their NBA Thunder much love.

San Antonio has the same problem...

A ) College football is equally huge here. As with Norman to OKC, UT is a short drive away and here you also still have your Aggie, Bear, and Red Raider fans running around Bexar County, too.

B ) You also hit the nail on the head mentioning the Cowboys and Chiefs in OKC. There is already NFL fan loyalty there (again, San Antonio is essentially in the same position with Dallas fans). Ain't no way Jerry Jone is going to give up those markets easily.

C ) The NBA factor actually does not help. OKC has proven itself with the Thunder. San Antonio has been mad about the Spurs for 30 years and has a bunch or championship banners and HOFers to boot. Nevertheless, the NFL doesn't really care. They operate under two entirely different financial models. Orlando, Milwaukee, Memphis, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, and Portland are all also NBA cities that are very unlikely to ever get their own NFL franchise.

As for St. Louis getting a third team if the Rams move... I would put it somewhere between never and ever.

• Like 1

A ) College football is equally huge here. As with Norman to OKC, UT is a short drive away and here you also still have your Aggie, Bear, and Red Raider fans running around Bexar County, too.

B ) You also hit the nail on the head mentioning the Cowboys and Chiefs in OKC. There is already NFL fan loyalty there (again, San Antonio is essentially in the same position with Dallas fans). Ain't no way Jerry Jone is going to give up those markets easily.

C ) The NBA factor actually does not help. OKC has proven itself with the Thunder. San Antonio has been mad about the Spurs for 30 years and has a bunch or championship banners and HOFers to boot. Nevertheless, the NFL doesn't really care. They operate under two entirely different financial models. Orlando, Milwaukee, Memphis, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, and Portland are all also NBA cities that are very unlikely to ever get their own NFL franchise.

As for St. Louis getting a third team if the Rams move... I would put it somewhere between never and ever.

How about...Tampa Bay and Jacksonville merge and move to Orlando, the Lambs move back to LA, and St Louis gets an expansion team...

• Like 1

How about...Tampa Bay and Jacksonville merge and move to Orlando, the Lambs move back to LA, and St Louis gets an expansion team...

Makes too much sense. Won't ever happen.

• Like 1