Citibank presale on TM - Caution!

HemiBeers

I used this a few days ago to get tickets on TM. Today I got a spoofing email asking me to verify purchases on my Citi card. I haven't used my Citi card in a year until now. So be careful if you used the (Sh)iti presale.
  • Like 1

CC companies have sophisticated algorithms to monitor activity. If you don't use your card and then spend, say, $500 after a year of no use, it's not surprising. It's a good thing.

However, using a credit card is always smart not just for convenience but also security and satisfaction - you aren't liable for fraudulent purchases and if there is a merch issue it's much easier than getting cash back or its equivalent. I almost never use cash or checks.

• Like 1

CC companies have sophisticated algorithms to monitor activity. If you don't use your card and then spend, say, $500 after a year of no use, it's not surprising. It's a good thing.

However, using a credit card is always smart not just for convenience but also security and satisfaction - you aren't liable for fraudulent purchases and if there is a merch issue it's much easier than getting cash back or its equivalent. I almost never use cash or checks.

Interesting,

Thanks!

Like others have said, it's a security method used by the card companies. If your card hasn't been used in a year then all of a sudden there's activity on it, the card company will find that suspicious and check with you to make sure that you did make the purchase. It's very common now and I wouldn't worry about it being a scam.

Like others have said, it's a security method used by the card companies. If your card hasn't been used in a year then all of a sudden there's activity on it, the card company will find that suspicious and check with you to make sure that you did make the purchase. It's very common now and I wouldn't worry about it being a scam.

Umm no. The link in my email was taking me to a non-credit card site.

Umm no. The link in my email was taking me to a non-credit card site.

Oh ok, i've never experienced that with ticketmaster before. Maybe you're right and it is some kind of scam.