I think this tour is going to be a little bittersweet

Mara

Today I listened to The Garden for the first time in a few months, and it brought me to tears. The song, combined with the upcoming tour pushed me over the edge.

Such a beautiful song. if this really is it, and Clockwork Angels was the last album, it's a great way to go. The Garden is the perfect end to a perfect career. I really hope I'm wrong about all this, but there's a good chance that this is goodbye, and I love The Garden so much more because of the circumstance—without question a top-ten if this is the end.

• Like 1

I have a feeling after this tour, when doing shows more sporadically, Rush will become a bit of a festival band. They can release some form of content, and announce that they are going to do a release celebration show in Toronto, and then announce that they are going to do 3 or 4 rock festivals over the summer. Festival shows are restricted in time to 2 hours for headliners, so there is their excuse to play shorter shows right there. I could definitely see them playing Bonnaroo somewhere in the future.

I would rather have read:

"This will be Neil Peart's last motorcycle tour of the US of this magnitude"... Starting next tour he will take a plane like everyone else and stop complaining of every little pain he's had for the last decade due to motorcycling 1000 off road miles between dates.

Classic!

• Like 1

Today I listened to The Garden for the first time in a few months, and it brought me to tears. The song, combined with the upcoming tour pushed me over the edge.

Such a beautiful song. if this really is it, and Clockwork Angels was the last album, it's a great way to go. The Garden is the perfect end to a perfect career. I really hope I'm wrong about all this, but there's a good chance that this is goodbye, and I love The Garden so much more because of the circumstance—without question a top-ten if this is the end.

The Garden is a top-10 Rush song. That kind of emotion was missing from their albums for a long time.

When the strings reappeared in CA we got the best Rush back.