New World Men - The Best Of Rush

New World Men Band

As good as I've heard! Outstanding all around, with extra kudos to the vocals. That tends to be an Achilles heel for RUSH cover bands, but you've got a great voice, mate!

:dweez: :notworthy: :7up: :clap: :cheerleader: :banana:

• Like 4

I normally don't comment on Rush Cover Bands because most are crap. You guys are AWESOME! As a drummer I am blown away by the chops and the killer vocals!!!!

A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Too bad I'm in California! I will never get to see you guys live.

Keep up the good "Working Men!"

• Like 3

write your own stuff...you could go far!

What they're doing is tough enough....if it was that easy to do everyone would be writing their own material. It just goes to show how good RUSH is to do what they do yet we become so critical of everything they release.

Yes it is tough but if you can imitate Rush as well as this, then you can do anything!

Could you please post of video of you guys doing YYZ?

The timetless Classic! Can't promise anything yet but maybe in a near future! :) We're trying to be as diverse as Rush's albums... We already visited Moving Pictures and Signals so far. (Even more with the upcoming video!) That would be a good poll, which song would you guys like NWM to record next? :D

Marc / NWM

Damn! I haven't listened to too many Rush tribute bands, so there may be some out there better than you guys, but I'd find that hard to believe. Other than the vocals, to me both songs sound spot on.

If you didn't have video proof of you actually playing the songs, I might have thought that you just put vocals to the studio recordings themselves. Even the guitar tone sounds amazing, and he plays the solos just like Alex, which is where a lot of Rush tribute bands really screw up, IMO.

Plus, as others have said, the fact that you sing and play Neil's parts at the same time is incredible. Pretty much every drummer I know can't even play Rush songs period, much less sing while doing so.

Kudos man.

Thanks for the kind words. As the producer of the band, I'm working my ass off to make sure *ALL* the sounds are correct and true to the original. I crafted all the bass, guitar and synth sounds, did research on the original instruments, effects and synths. We spent countless hours re-crafting all those sounds with modern technology! To me, there's no higher honor than another Rush fan saying: Man, sounds like the record! Once again, thanks!

Marc / NWM

http://www.newworldmen.net

You're welcome! All of the hard work you are putting in has definitely paid off!!

Oh, and by the way, the vocals are AWESOMEl!!! When I said, "Other than the vocals," I only meant that I can obviously tell it isn't Geddy singing. As for your ability to hit the notes...I think you do it as well or better than anyone else I've ever heard attempting to sing Geddy's parts.

Next, why not try something off of Permanent Waves, like The Spirit of Radio?