savagegrace26

Are these songs good?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Is Red Tide a good song?

2. 2. Is Available Light a good song?

3. 3. Is Different Strings a good song?

That was a fast five minutes.

Yes, it is a catchy tune.

If you can come around to enjoying Available Light, I should be able to come around to at least tolerating that one part of the song I don't like (play of light, a photograph). For some reason that part bugs the crap out of me.

And the part in the song that bothers me is when he sings "available light."

Is that a real piano in some of these songs or is it one of those things that can be made to sound like a piano?

Interesting - isn't that the very part that lots of people like best? :coy:

It kinda sounds like a real piano - especially that bit in Hand Over Fist - but all it says on the album credits is "synthesizer."

How about Red Tide? That's not a real piano? It sure sounds like it.

Segue - what is it about Chain Lightning that you like so much? Because I can't seem to get over my initial reaction to it, which was that I was thinking it was a pretty promising tune until the "sun dogs" bit, which I just thought was completely insipid. I know that this is completely a subjective thing, but it'd be cool to know what you dig about it.

The melody, the chorus has a very carefree sound and all round i find the song one of those rare occasions when you just love a song for no apparent reason. I really, really love it. I play it all the time!

The way Neil toyed with words on Presto is very often just fun, and the Sun Dogs bit is just amazing.

• Like 1

Segue, how goes the Saturday Night Fever listening? :LOL:

I am so happy!

Segue + Cheesy music = AWESOME!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Today is one of those days when i just want fun.

i spent this evening baking for an anniversary, needed to keep it funky!

I'm going to give Available Light another spin right now...

Available Light is like a musical lobotomy.

And you need to visit a taxidermist.

Get. Stuffed.

...buddy bud bud!

• Like 1

Yeah, Eagle - don't bother Segue today. He is in an exceptionally cheery mood. The last time he was this happy, he went on a cupcake baking spree.

I wish I could remember what thread that was and what we were seriously discussing until Segue showed up with his cupcakes. Too bad Len is MIA, he was always so up on this type of stuff. :unsure:

Edited by Lorraine

Yeah, Eagle - don't bother Segue today. He is in an exceptionally cheery mood. The last time he was this happy, he went on a cupcake baking spree.

I wish I could remember what thread that was and what we were seriously discussing until Segue showed up with his cupcakes. Too bad Len is MIA, he was always so up on this type of stuff. :unsure:

For realsies, i was baking cheesecakes today!

Yay! Caaaaaaaaake!

Segue - what is it about Chain Lightning that you like so much? Because I can't seem to get over my initial reaction to it, which was that I was thinking it was a pretty promising tune until the "sun dogs" bit, which I just thought was completely insipid. I know that this is completely a subjective thing, but it'd be cool to know what you dig about it.

The melody, the chorus has a very carefree sound and all round i find the song one of those rare occasions when you just love a song for no apparent reason. I really, really love it. I play it all the time!

The way Neil toyed with words on Presto is very often just fun, and the Sun Dogs bit is just amazing.

I love the chorus. It's creative and inspired with all of those astronomical and weather references. I think it's one of Neil's best choruses.

I love the chorus. It's creative and inspired with all of those astronomical and weather references. I think it's one of Neil's best choruses.

Possibly my favourite Rush chorus...Limelight a close second.

• Like 1

The chorus is completely infectious.

Presto is full of addictive melodies. I think it is a top five album now, only three albums surpass it (HYF, AFTK, MP).

• Like 1

Presto is full of addictive melodies. I think it is a top five album now, only three albums surpass it (HYF, AFTK, MP).

It's my #3

It's my #3

What is your top three?

And i cannot knock down MP for Presto. Number five is currently Hemispheres.

It's my #3

What is your top three?

Permanent Waves

Signals

Presto

So to anyone here who think's any of these three songs are good.

That Cygnusbk guy has a message for you:

"I know a stinker when I hear it and they know it when they've written one, though usually years later. People need to stop sucking their (Rush's) dicks and be real....You can like garbage if you want but I tend to be more discerning."

So stop sucking Rush's dicks and learn how to discern better.

It's my #3

What is your top three?

Permanent Waves

Signals

Presto

Every album from CoS-Presto is crammed stubbornly in my top ten.

I salute your top three!

You must have had a lobotomy to know what one's like.

That doesn't surprise me ;)

Gee. My secret is out. Whatever shall I do? Oh my.

Come to Segue for a cake icing gun lobotomy.

Make you shiny!

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Come to Segue for a cake icing gun lobotomy.

Make you shiny!

:LOL: That sugar can can be deadly.