Note to the men of RUSH!

MMCXII

If the band actually did read these forums their reactions would probably range from slight bemusement to being thoroughly weirded out.

I'm hoping they recognize us as the most passionate, most dedicated incredible fan base around the globe.. the ones that stormed the Rock hall for them. Rush has been MY band for 34 years now. I think it's time I made a request or two. Nothing weird about that..

Nope. Nothing weird about that at all. But there's some pretty odd stuff in other threads. On the other hand, Lee and Lifeson have a pretty . . . wide-ranging sense of humour, so they'd probably appreciate a lot of it.

This just shows you are not here that much.

Many things I could gripe about, but the quality of Rush fans is something that the band should be very very very proud of.

So, don't you say anything bad about them. Or else :smash: for you too!! :bitchslap:

I'm not quite sure how to read the tone of that message. I may not post as often as other folks, but I do read a lot of what's posted. I know you don't really know me that well, but I'd like to think that you wouldn't assume that I was painting everyone with the same broad brush. Or that I would even make a character assessment of someone based on what they write, unless several posts by the same person started to suggest a pattern. Did we not participate in a post, not that long ago, regarding a comment one forum member made that was at the very least disrespectful?

I am not one of your students in class. Let's get that straight right at the beginning.

How many emoticons would you like me to use to get a "tone" ( :wacko: ) across? I'm damned if I use them (as per you) and damned if I don't (as per Narps).

The fact that I am using them at all should give you a good idea as to my "tone".

If the band actually did read these forums their reactions would probably range from slight bemusement to being thoroughly weirded out.

I'm hoping they recognize us as the most passionate, most dedicated incredible fan base around the globe.. the ones that stormed the Rock hall for them. Rush has been MY band for 34 years now. I think it's time I made a request or two. Nothing weird about that..

Nope. Nothing weird about that at all. But there's some pretty odd stuff in other threads. On the other hand, Lee and Lifeson have a pretty . . . wide-ranging sense of humour, so they'd probably appreciate a lot of it.

Many things I could gripe about, but the quality of Rush fans is something that the band should be very very very proud of.

So, don't you say anything bad about them. Or else :smash: for you too!! :bitchslap:

You should be emoticon diva! I'm busting a gut here!

Don't like Rush?.. Smash! smash! ..bitchslap lol!

Rush fans. Rush fans are the best. That includes you too, MC. ;)

Sweet of you! Hugs for you Lorraine (I'm 'emoticon challenged' on my iPhone lol)

• Like 1

I think they could do a great medley of the older songs that Ged can't sing anymore. I'd be happy with that. I just want to see them again. :)
  • Like 1

I'm not quite sure how to read the tone of that message. I may not post as often as other folks, but I do read a lot of what's posted. I know you don't really know me that well, but I'd like to think that you wouldn't assume that I was painting everyone with the same broad brush. Or that I would even make a character assessment of someone based on what they write, unless several posts by the same person started to suggest a pattern. Did we not participate in a post, not that long ago, regarding a comment one forum member made that was at the very least disrespectful?

I'm not sure how to read it either. But yes, there is some weird stuff in other threads. How would Geddy feel if he came here to find out there were a bunch of women talking about seeing him naked, and what they would do? Or if Alex found out people were calling him a liar? Or if Neil saw folks "psychoanalyzing" him based on what they think was going on in Neil's head? They'd probably be weirded out, and rightly so. So yeah, we can only hope their sense of humour would cover that kind of stuff.

• Like 2

I'm not sure how to read it either. But yes, there is some weird stuff in other threads. How would Geddy feel if he came here to find out there were a bunch of women talking about seeing him naked, and what they would do? Or if Alex found out people were calling him a liar? Or if Neil saw folks "psychoanalyzing" him based on what they think was going on in Neil's head? They'd probably be weirded out, and rightly so. So yeah, we can only hope their sense of humour would cover that kind of stuff.

I would hope so too. There have been a lot of weird posts on here. :LOL:

I agree there are some weird people here.

So much for my sticking up for Rush fans.

You all stink.

I think there are a few now and then that just like to stir up trouble. I figure if their lives are that shallow and empty I feel sorry for them. As for the rest of you guys... http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug001.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug010.gif

• Like 2

You all stink.

I think there are a few now and then that just like to stir up trouble. I figure if their lives are that shallow and empty I feel sorry for them. As for the rest of you guys... http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug001.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug010.gif

True :)

Don't let the zombies get to you Lorraine!

• Like 2

You all stink.

True :)

Don't let the zombies get to you Lorraine!

http://www.gomotes.com/emoticon/zombiechase.gif

• Like 2

You all stink.

I love this post. Like you would know anything about why people do what they do here. Superficiality at it's finest :)

You all stink.

I love this post. Like you would know anything about why people do what they do here. Superficiality at it's finest :)

Thank you! :D

Sorry, Lorraine. I blame my day at work . . . shouldn't have taken it out on a fellow Rush fan.

Xanadu rocks!!

Sh*t happens... :)

Sorry, Lorraine. I blame my day at work . . . shouldn't have taken it out on a fellow Rush fan.

Xanadu rocks!!

Sh*t happens... :)

I think she took it in the spirit it was intended. :)

• Like 1

Xanadu rocks!!

That's quite all right, Toymaker, and I understand.

Here...watch these two little guys..... :cheers:

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 2