Best use of Melody in a Rush song

savagegrace26

That reminds me of something else I read in the book for all of you Mission lovers here. Apparently, there is another version of that song being safely kept in a vault somewhere that is longer than the one on the album. They plan to release is one day in some special Rush over-priced package. Maybe they did already. I do not know.

Excited.

• Like 1

That reminds me of something else I read in the book for all of you Mission lovers here. Apparently, there is another version of that song being safely kept in a vault somewhere that is longer than the one on the album. They plan to release is one day in some special Rush over-priced package. Maybe they did already. I do not know.

Excited.

I hope they actually release it

Excited.

I hope they actually release it

In the book they said they would someday. Maybe after they retire they will.

I just double checked - it's Marathon.

Here's another tidbit. At the end of ATWAS, the clapping? The very last claps you hear are Alex, Geddy and Neil out in the parking lot after the concert getting into their car.

Interesting - I can definitely hear that :)

Red Barchetta, The Spirit of Radio, Marathon, Prime Mover, Lock and Key, Grand Designs, Time Stand Still, Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Entre Nous, The Trees, Middletown Dreams, Presto, Between Sun and Moon.

Did you all know that they used a thirty piece orchestra and a 25-person choir on Marathon?

I did know that. And it makes the last chorus of that song one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written or performed. It's so grandiose and overwhelming that if it's utterly quiet and I'm alone, that lump in my throat becomes quite large. Rush certainly has written some breathtaking music.

• Like 1