How can someone not like this??

Bytor1958

Still hate it. Sorry. I remember years ago, it seemed NO one liked this record. I've noticed tons of people here do. I'll never forget a Rockline interview with Geddy Lee years ago:

Caller: Hi Geddy, I just have to say that I'm a huge fan. I mean, I even like Caress of Steel.

Geddy: Wow. Now this guy is REALLY a fan.

Of course, Geddy said this somewhat tongue in cheek, but it was clear that he was surprised that someone liked it.

To each his/her own.....

Clem

I like the Geddy quote here, I wouldn't say I hate it but the song is an acquired taste, one I haven't developed

You know how most of us look back at pictures of us in middle school and think, "Wow. I was really a schmuck."? (Unless you are still a schmuck, in that case, you think there is nothing wrong with the middle school you.).

That's how I think Rush looks upon CoS.

Don't get me wrong. That doesn't mean the effort was meaningless or wasted. Quite the opposite. The reality is that most us really and truly grow up because of what we experience in middle school. That means what we did then had legitimate value to who we became.... but it doesn't make it any less weird, bizarre, or cheesy.

Don't get me wrong. I actually enjoy CoS, but I also look at it in context. If you discount it, you don't get it. If you take it too seriously, you equally don't get it.

Some people don't like COS.

I don't get it but I certainly don't get why people like pop, hip-hop, rap, modern country

I certainly get it.

I like CoS but not as much as any of the 5 albums that followed it. It's like they were getting there but hadn't quite nailed it yet. However, without CoS would there have been 2112, Xanadu, Hemispheres ? Perhaps not.
  • Like 1

I would say more likely the fan/member got into Rush in the 80's or beyond in most cases.....

I got into the band in 08 and this is my favourite song/album

Thats great but I would bet you are the exception rather than the rule.... :)

I would say more likely the fan/member got into Rush in the 80's or beyond in most cases.....

I got into the band in 08 and this is my favourite song/album

Thats great but I would bet you are the exception rather than the rule.... :)

I'd rather be cast out than conform.

• Like 2

I love it and suggest anyone on the fence to get out headphones (not earbuds if you have a choice) and chill back and listen to it especially fountain. If you still don't like it that's cool. I always will.
  • Like 1