Funny story about setlists. and earthshine..

nicky6

In july of 2007, I was off to see the snakes tour from 8 rows away from stage. big al threw the shirt out , went right through my butter fingers and landed in someone elses hands. so close. But on the way over to the venue in candem NJ, we took the ferry over. and this guy sitting next to me was talking about no one better ruin the setlist. everyone better shut your mouths about the setlist. total dick, but he kept saying I really cant wait to hear earthshine. thy better play earthshine, blah blah.. Little did he know. No earthshine jerk, I knew cause I knew the setlist. ha haha He must have been disappointed.

I have to say that I kind of prefer the days when you'd go to a concert and you wouldn't know in advance what they were going to play. I do my best now not to stumble across set lists on the Internet in the days before a show, but mostly I end up finding out something. It kind of ruins the surprise.

It couldn't have been me sitting next to you for sure...... :)

You know Narp, I never got why you don't want VT played live. If anything I'd think you'd want it more so that you could hear the songs without the extraneous distortion...
  • Like 5

You know Narp, I never got why you don't want VT played live. If anything I'd think you'd want it more so that you could hear the songs without the extraneous distortion...

Probably true. I never claimed to be that deep a thinker..... Edited by Narpski

And Earthshine is a great, heavy song.

• Like 5

Probably true. I never claimed to be that deep a thinker.....

Narp, I recommend you go give Earthshine a listen on the R30 concert. Like everything else on that recording, everything's crystal clear. Geddy's voice on point as well that night.

• Like 4

Narp, I recommend you go give Earthshine a listen on the R30 concert. Like everything else on that recording, everything's crystal clear. Geddy's voice on point as well that night.

I have heard it more than a few times. Thanks....

Once more is all we ask.

Once more is all we ask.

Tomorrow is a new day. We will see what it brings..... :)

Earthshine is awesome.

And frickin' Ceiling Unlimited. That song almost made me get run over.

I'm not sure whether to like this post because I agree with the Ceiling Unlimited part but I don't want to look like I like that you almost got run over...

• Like 1

Earthshine is awesome.

I'm not sure whether to like this post because I agree with the Ceiling Unlimited part but I don't want to look like I like that you almost got run over...

I would understand both.

Earthshine is awesome.

That's cool. It might have been me that almost ran you over. Everytime the end of Vital Signs comes on I have to air drum the shit out of it. Usually I'm good with my index and middle finger playing the hi-hat and snare respectively with my left foot providing a mix of bass and hi-hat lift but when he does that double bass part at the end of Vital Signs with the crashes just exploding in unison I have to use both feet and both hands. The f***ing fingers and one foot just doesn't make enough noise.