2014-2015 Soccer - Is there no thread?

alphseeker

Leicester went 5 points clear at the top of the Premier League earlier on, with 9 games remaining. They might actually do it!

Lucky SOB's who put a couple hundred on them before season started 5000-1 :obookmakers are trying to offer 1/2 payout right now to avoid full payout if they win it all. Edited by alphseeker
  • Like 1

Leicester went 5 points clear at the top of the Premier League earlier on, with 9 games remaining. They might actually do it!

Lucky SOB's who put a couple hundred on them before season started 5000-1 :obookmakers are trying to offer 1/2 payout right now to avoid full payout if they win it all.

I know someone on a different forum that cashed out about 3 weeks ago. Got a decent chunk of change but could have killed.

It would be fantastic to see the "Foxes" go all the way.

When you consider how close they were to relegation just last season, you can see why they were 5,000 to 1.

It would be a fantastic boost to all the other sides who have had to watch while the "Big Four" spent hundreds of millions to win the title.

Every neutral fan in Europe is rooting for them.

• Like 1

It would be fantastic to see the "Foxes" go all the way.

When you consider how close they were to relegation just last season, you can see why they were 5,000 to 1.

It would be a fantastic boost to all the other sides who have had to watch while the "Big Four" spent hundreds of millions to win the title.

Every neutral fan in Europe is rooting for them.

The only bad thing is you will never see odds like that again. They probably won't go any higher than 500 to 1.

Very good friendly today in Berlin. England 3 Germany 2. The Germans should have had a 3-0 lead, except for the linesman's mistake calling an offside. Still, a quite impressive come-back for the Brits. Poland had an easy time beating San Marino...er...Finland 5-0. :cheers:
  • Like 1

Very good friendly today in Berlin. England 3 Germany 2. The Germans should have had a 3-0 lead, except for the linesman's mistake calling an offside. Still, a quite impressive come-back for the Brits. Poland had an easy time beating San Marino...er...Finland 5-0. :cheers:

That's what England can do without Rooney! Has to be Kane and Vardy up front in the Euros.

• Like 2

Kane And Vardy should be the strike force no doubt. Rooney seems incapable of performing at the Euros or World Cup.

Germany are a shadow of the side that won the WC, and have been since they lifted the trophy. That was a very strong side they had out last night, yet they played rubbish (Again).

I think France will win the Euros, and will be putting money on it.

• Like 1

That 's true. I'm sure there won't be too many who took the bet, but it will still have given

the Bookies a hell of a fright.

https://uk.sports.ya...-113548543.html

Brilliant. I can understand him cashing in. Having so much riding on it, I doub't I could deal with the tension either.

Kane And Vardy should be the strike force no doubt. Rooney seems incapable of performing at the Euros or World Cup.

Germany are a shadow of the side that won the WC, and have been since they lifted the trophy. That was a very strong side they had out last night, yet they played rubbish (Again).

I think France will win the Euros, and will be putting money on it.

It's true Germany has been losing to so-so teams ever since they won the World Cup but they always show up at the main events. I can expect no less this time around. I don't know why Gotze didn't start on Saturday. Also, guys like Can, Hector and Mustafi do not make my ideal list of defenders. That said, the Germans have an easy group at the Euros and should be well rested before the second stage of the tournament.
  • Like 1

A glimpse of the old Germany tonight, with a 4-1 thrashing of Italy.

England again could not string 2 wins in a row against decent opposition, going down 2-1 at home to a struggling Holland.

France demolished Russia while Scotland won again, this time beating Denmark 1-0.

Sadly, we still can't qualify for a major tournament to save our lives. :huh:

• Like 1

A glimpse of the old Germany tonight, with a 4-1 thrashing of Italy.

England again could not string 2 wins in a row against decent opposition, going down 2-1 at home to a struggling Holland.

France demolished Russia while Scotland won again, this time beating Denmark 1-0.

Sadly, we still can't qualify for a major tournament to save our lives. :huh:

Put Rod Stewart at center forward. :madra:

Big 4-0 wins today for Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City.

Liverpool are playing Spurs at the moment.

It's 0-0 with 5 minutes to go in the first half.

Man Utd take on Everton, and the "Foxes" play Southampton, on Sunday.

Celtic beat Hearts 3-1 in Scotland.

In just over an hr, Barcelona kicks off against Real Madrid in the "El Clasico"

Don't miss it.

Liverpool drew 1-1 with Spurs . A great result for Leicester.

0-0 at half time in Barcelona. Pretty rough so far with a handful of bookings already.

Oh and Bayern won again :eyeroll:

Did you see Kane's goal? Insane. And to think many thought last year's 21 goals were a fluke. The guy is amazing. Edited by alphseeker
  • Like 1

Fantastic finish from Kane.

Spurs will get some crazy bids for his services in the summer.

No doubt Barcelona, Real, or PSG will make some outrageous offer for his services.
  • Like 1

Certainly if any of the clubs you mention lose any of their forwards, then they may try to buy him.

Spurs though, don't need the money, not with the new gigantic deal the EPL has signed for next season.

I can see him staying at least another season . Same with James Vardy at Leicester.