Science Says Music Really WAS Better In The 70s!

Based on this article, 50s and 60s music would be better than the 70s. My thought is that the best music would be scientifically in the 80s. By this article, as time goes on, the experimentation of music dropped in pop as time went on, however, the experimentation of the synthesizer, and new styles of production that could happen thanks to computers continued to grow more and more unique until it peaked in the 80s, so when you combine the middle score the 80s receive from this article, with the top score I pointed out, I think that makes the 80s the best scientifically. The article did not mention testing variety of sounds which is really important to me in music. Either way, IMO the best music is (most of the time) not defined by time, but by how frequently you can hear it on the radio (inversely proportionate)

So Rihanna, Pitbull, Miley Cyrus, and Nickleback are equal to scientifically proven perfection?

Its all in the opinion of the person listening to the music. I cannot stand the Eagles. My best friend adores them. Who is right? The person who is listening aka. those smart enough to handle having their own opinion.

And no way are the 80's the best decade. Why do I say that? Because thats what I think, so there. Lol!

Key words are that pop music experimentation with electronics peaked in the 80s, so no 2000s are worse. They lose all experimentation points from production.
  • Like 1

Based on this article, 50s and 60s music would be better than the 70s. My thought is that the best music would be scientifically in the 80s. By this article, as time goes on, the experimentation of music dropped in pop as time went on, however, the experimentation of the synthesizer, and new styles of production that could happen thanks to computers continued to grow more and more unique until it peaked in the 80s, so when you combine the middle score the 80s receive from this article, with the top score I pointed out, I think that makes the 80s the best scientifically. The article did not mention testing variety of sounds which is really important to me in music. Either way, IMO the best music is (most of the time) not defined by time, but by how frequently you can hear it on the radio (inversely proportionate)

So Rihanna, Pitbull, Miley Cyrus, and Nickleback are equal to scientifically proven perfection?

Its all in the opinion of the person listening to the music. I cannot stand the Eagles. My best friend adores them. Who is right? The person who is listening aka. those smart enough to handle having their own opinion.

And no way are the 80's the best decade. Why do I say that? Because thats what I think, so there. Lol!

Key words are that pop music experimentation with electronics peaked in the 80s, so no 2000s are worse. They lose all experimentation points from production.

Well...i must say that I obviously didn't read any of that properly...woops!

• Like 1