I like Brussels sprouts no matter how they're cooked. But I prefer when they're cooked right ;).

There are some things I can't see myself ever trying. One time at a restaurant in Paris I saw a couple eating a boiled pigs feet. Suddenly the thought of eating raw oysters seemed appetizing.

• Like 1

I like Brussels sprouts no matter how they're cooked. But I prefer when they're cooked right ;).

There are some things I can't see myself ever trying. One time at a restaurant in Paris I saw a couple eating a boiled pigs feet. Suddenly the thought of eating raw oysters seemed appetizing.

Yeah, I think I'll pass on eating feet of any species. Hispanics markets here feature chicken feet. Just no.

I also don't like liver. Odd flavor and texture to me.

Yeah, I think I'll pass on eating feet of any species. Hispanics markets here feature chicken feet. Just no.

I also don't like liver. Odd flavor and texture to me.

I love chicken liver even though it makes me thirsty. I would like to try other kind of livers too. I've heard it tastes delicious if done right and doesn't have any grainy texture to it. Will be a testament to my cooking skills (or lack thereof).

I draw the line with bugs and insects and placenta! Maybe if I was a victim of a famine I'd consider it.

Funny thing about Brussels sprouts, I HATED them for years yet last Christmas we went out to eat with his family and the turkey I ordered was served with a single sprout. I did the polite thing and ate it and was sad there was only one. I guess they cooked it right. A lot of people cook it in bacon grease which is a no-no for me because of my pork and nitrate sensitivity. But however they cooked them was very yummy.

The best way I've found to cook brussels sprouts is to roast them: Clean them, cut them in half lengthwise, toss in a bit of olive oil, salt, & pepper, then place on a cooking sheet cut side down. Roast in 400F/200C oven for 30-40 minutes, or until cut sides are browned.

I love serving these tossed in an orange-apricot sauce. In a small saucepan melt equal parts orange juice concentrate (or use orange juice and boil it down) and apricot jam. Add some salt, pepper, and a dash of champagne vinegar. Simmer until thick and pour over sprouts. YUM!

• Like 1

Funny thing about Brussels sprouts, I HATED them for years yet last Christmas we went out to eat with his family and the turkey I ordered was served with a single sprout. I did the polite thing and ate it and was sad there was only one. I guess they cooked it right. A lot of people cook it in bacon grease which is a no-no for me because of my pork and nitrate sensitivity. But however they cooked them was very yummy.

The best way I've found to cook brussels sprouts is to roast them: Clean them, cut them in half lengthwise, toss in a bit of olive oil, salt, & pepper, then place on a cooking sheet cut side down. Roast in 400F/200C oven for 30-40 minutes, or until cut sides are browned.

I love serving these tossed in an orange-apricot sauce. In a small saucepan melt equal parts orange juice concentrate (or use orange juice and boil it down) and apricot jam. Add some salt, pepper, and a dash of champagne vinegar. Simmer until thick and pour over sprouts. YUM!

I still won't be eating them. The memory of having to swallow puked-up sprouts (rather than barfing all over my very sweet great-uncle's dinner table) is still too fresh. For the record, I was 25 when this happened.

• Like 1

I hated Brussels Sprouts because my mom would boil them to death and then put some butter and them and try to force me to eat them so I didn't touch them again until my mid-20's when a friend prepared a meal for me. He lightly sauteed them in olive oil and served them with panchetta and cut up dried apricots and chopped walnuts. It was one of the best things I've ever had.

I don't go out of my way to make Brussels Sprouts and I've never had them at home but there's a local restaurant that serves them roasted with sherry vinegar and capers. I think roasted is the way to go with Brussels Sprouts.

Ohhhhh man. :drool:

mushrooms, and jalapenos! I used to HATE them both as a kid. these days? gimme a fork and let me dig in lol
  • Like 1

mushrooms, and jalapenos! I used to HATE them both as a kid. these days? gimme a fork and let me dig in lol

I saute them together and put them on top of steak or chicken.