So, wha-da-ya think of Rush tribute bands?

Tor_Hershman

In the ancient past, I thought very little of tribute bands but nowadays I dig 'em.

In fact, tomorrow night I'm goin' to see a Rush Tribute Band, Distant Signals, and am lookin' forward to having a wonderful time.

Lookin' up the tribute band is how I surfed in here.

Of course, no chick will dance with me...well, not for more than a few seconds.

I do be a wild dancer, indeed, far beyond any babe, so far, be it Hippy Chick, Country Girl, Mountain Lass, City Woman, whichever and that's with being quite tall, blue eyes, curly hair and a million years ago I actually wasn't creepy not to mention a larger than most "Personality."

Gad, I've many a Rush song choreographed for thirty years.

Oh well, undemanding contact in your heavy solitude...as someone (I bet you know who) wrote ;-) .

HELP! Mods, I double posted and don't know how to Delete.

Edited by Tor_Hershman

Well, Treeduck, if you live in Wheeling, West Virginia you're quite limited in your choice of Live Music and live music IS live music however if you get Rush to do a gig in Wheeling I'll happily get, if I can, a ticket.

Well, Treeduck, if you live in Wheeling, West Virginia you're quite limited in your choice of Live Music and live music IS live music however if you get Rush to do a gig in Wheeling I'll happily get, if I can, a ticket.

Well at least you'll have the SAINTS in training camp in West Virginia this summer, that's better than a RUSH tribute band isn't it? :D-13:

I have the real RUSH so what do I need a tribute band for? And a zillion other real bands I enjoy. Why waste time on tribute bands? :huh:

I agree.

I don't have any problem going to see local bands that do covers or originals, or bands that have not made it big, and I love live music but I think tribute bands are just so corny, and the fact that it's RUSH, my all time fave, makes it even worse. Don't try to be RUSH 'cuz there isn't anything else like RUSH. But... If you are gonna do RUSH tributes, just do the instrumental 'cuz nobody can do Geddy's vocals justice. That's my biggest gripe, singers TRYING to sound like Geddy...You might get the music down as good as you can get, but you're never gonna get the vocals. There's only one Geddy Lee and his vocals are as important to the songs with vocals, as any musical instrument. If the singer doesn't sound just like Geddy, the whole band may as well be playing out of tune.

Edited by OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan
  • Like 2

Well, Tenacious T [say, is your forum name a "Tribute" to anyone ;-) ], absolutely, positively, 100% NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

An 1910 Fruit Gum Company Tribute Band is VASTLY superior to a football team.

I enjoy watching The Steelers BUT would never miss live music for a game, even with the Bee Uniforms.

Edited by Tor_Hershman

Well, Tenacious T [say, is your forum name a "Tribute" to anyone ;-) ], absolutely, positively, 100% NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

An 1910 Fruit Gum Company Tribute Band is VASTLY superior to a football team.

I enjoy watching The Steelers BUT would never miss live music for a game, even with the Bee Uniforms.

We'll have to differ on that one matey...

My forum name was given to me for some unknown reason, some tribute band actor guy or someone has a name like that doesn't he?

No, we don't need to differ, you go to the game, I'll hit the club - total agreement.

Yeah, the Status Quo's latest Outside/insider John Belushiesque CULTural pop-valve has that...oh wait, it ain't he...'tis that direcTOR dude...methinks, I'll google. BBS

Oh no, it IS Jack Black's alter ego.

BTW, T.T., who gave you your avatar? 'Tis supernally splendiferous!

Edited by Tor_Hershman

Ken, check yo YouTube Channel for me comment which is basically..you nailed it....finest tribute I have heard.

I also gave KRUSH a Like on FaceBook.

Give me a Friend Request if you wish and ain't a-skeert of the crowd I hangz with.

Edited by Tor_Hershman
  • Like 1

I've seen some Beatles tribute bands that are f-ing amazing. I saw a Pink Floyd tribute band in Cleveland about fifteen years ago that blew me away. Don't recall the name unfortunately (they were well known apparently), but they had a pretty big venue sold out and the crowd was way into it,

Since Rush is still a current (touring) act, I'm not sure if I would be as excited, but if they are good, then what the h*ll, I'd rather see someone pulling off great Rush than almost any other act currently touring. It's not like my concert schedule is so full that I have to choose between Rush tribute bands and anything else I'd like to see.

• Like 1

Oh no, it IS Jack Black's alter ego.

BTW, T.T., who gave you your avatar? 'Tis supernally splendiferous!

I gave that to myself, I felt generous towards myself, i usually do actually. :givebeer: :smoke:

I've seen some Beatles tribute bands that are f-ing amazing. I saw a Pink Floyd tribute band in Cleveland about fifteen years ago that blew me away. Don't recall the name unfortunately (they were well known apparently), but they had a pretty big venue sold out and the crowd was way into it,

Since Rush is still a current (touring) act, I'm not sure if I would be as excited, but if they are good, then what the h*ll, I'd rather see someone pulling off great Rush than almost any other act currently touring. It's not like my concert schedule is so full that I have to choose between Rush tribute bands and anything else I'd like to see.

I agree here. Bands that don't exist anymore are the exception.

I'm just not a big fan of cover bands...seems a bit cheesy and is lacking in inspiration to me.

I tried to watch a Pink Floyd cover band in concert on TV recently.

The production was spectacular, the sound was great...it just turned me off.

No disrespect to anyone in a cover band or who enjoys cover bands, just not my cup of tea.

• Like 3

I'm just not a big fan of cover bands...seems a bit cheesy and is lacking in inspiration to me.

I tried to watch a Pink Floyd cover band in concert on TV recently.

The production was spectacular, the sound was great...it just turned me off.

No disrespect to anyone in a cover band or who enjoys cover bands, just not my cup of tea.

I saw a local Floyd tribute band here that played a small theater and they performed the entire Dark Side / Wall albums with a fantastic production, considering their budget, and they were note perfect. Watching it live upfront in relative peace, without the usual bs that goes with a stadium show, was actually a great experience, however it would've lost a lot of the magic on the screen granted. I'm against tribute bands as a rule but they were the exception.

Edited by Steevo

I don't watch tribute bands because they're not my cup of tea. I'm used to how the original sounds, and this brain here is not going to "reprogram" that sound. I do however have utmost respect for those who play in a tribute band, wanting to have fun for themselves and the audience.

And KennyLee has a great voice :)

• Like 1