In The Year "2112" The World Is About To Explode! You Get In Your Space Pod And Can Only Listen To One Rush Album For The Rest Of Your Life! Name It!

RUSHHEAD666

Ok...I vote in all seriousness:

A Farewell To Kings. It is perfection.

Well, I think 2112, AFTK and PeW are all perfect...but AFTK the mostest!

"I thought this was interesting because the top four albums were recorded in the 70s, and Moving Pictures, which is supposed to be one of their most popular albums, only got one vote."

I would say that Moving Pictures is definitely, if trying to be objective, is they're "best" album in that if I could only recommend one album to someone with mainstream tastes who had no previous experience of Rush, it would be MP. That said, I wouldn't choose it as my desert island or space pod disc because, like Led Zeppelin IV, it's so good that it is overexposed. It's one thing to listen to a disc so many times that I know every note as well as my own name (ATWAS through MP), it's another to turn on the radio and hear Tom Sawyer or Misty Mountain Hop for the millionth time, whether you're in the mood or not.

So, kind of interesting but not so mysterious. If MP wasn't overexposed it would be up there at the top. Even as it is, it would be my number two, followed by Permanent Waves.

"I thought this was interesting because the top four albums were recorded in the 70s, and Moving Pictures, which is supposed to be one of their most popular albums, only got one vote."

I would say that Moving Pictures is definitely, if trying to be objective, is they're "best" album in that if I could only recommend one album to someone with mainstream tastes who had no previous experience of Rush, it would be MP. That said, I wouldn't choose it as my desert island or space pod disc because, like Led Zeppelin IV, it's so good that it is overexposed. It's one thing to listen to a disc so many times that I know every note as well as my own name (ATWAS through MP), it's another to turn on the radio and hear Tom Sawyer or Misty Mountain Hop for the millionth time, whether you're in the mood or not.

So, kind of interesting but not so mysterious. If MP wasn't overexposed it would be up there at the top. Even as it is, it would be my number two, followed by Permanent Waves.

I don't necessarily think MP is "overexposed," but I also look at it as their objective best album (I do not believe it's objective fact though) because it combines everything they've ever been good at and I pretty much always recommend it to folks looking to get into rush. it's not my favorite though

"(I do not believe it's objective fact though)..."

I did read that some Russian scientists claim to have demonstrated that it is their objectively-best album in laboratory conditions. Whether their claim has been peer-reviewed in a respectable scientific journal, I don't know.

"(I do not believe it's objective fact though)..."

I did read that some Russian scientists claim to have demonstrated that it is their objectively-best album in laboratory conditions. Whether their claim has been peer-reviewed in a respectable scientific journal, I don't know.

as long as 97% agree I'll agree too without question