Study: Having kids increases your life-satisfaction? Yes, if you wanted them

barney_rebel

I'd still pop a puppy out if the husband was on board. Even in my 40s.

Forget the husband. Let's get to work.

A kid could do worse than having the Rush/Yes gene. By all accounts at least Janie is pretty hot (no pics to verify). The kid may come out alright....... :cheers:

Weird timing finding that article. I'm just finishing this book... bizarre story:

What happens when the tidy, prosperous life of an urban couple is turned inside out by a tragedy with unexpected consequences? After a car crash leaves their friend Marcus dead and his wife Sarah in a coma, Ana and James are shocked to discover that they have become the legal guardians of a 2½-year-old, Finn. Finn's crash-landing in their lives throws into high relief deeply rooted, and sometimes long-hidden, truths about themselves, both individually and as a couple. Several chaotic, poignant, and life-changing weeks as a most unusual family give rise to an often unasked question: Can everyone be a parent?

13532694.jpg

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13532694-everybody-has-everything

I'd still pop a puppy out if the husband was on board. Even in my 40s.

Forget the husband. Let's get to work.

A kid could do worse than having the Rush/Yes gene. By all accounts at least Janie is pretty hot (no pics to verify). The kid may come out alright....... :cheers:

:dweez:
  • Like 1

See, even the idea of being pregnant absolutely makes me gag. I have a nearly pathological horror of it; it's my "recurring nightmare" and I've woken up before clutching at my stomach and panicking before realizing it was an awful dream.

Not only has my biological clock never started ticking - I don't think the batteries were ever installed. I have one grandmother who initially expressed some disappointment that I'm not carrying on the family line (both parents were only children and I am the only surviving grandchild), but after I asked her if she wanted to raise a baby at 85, she dropped the subject! Mom absolutely made it clear that she was done raising kids as well.

My husband's nephew (married) is probably the most self-centered, cheapass person I know. He makes good money but spends it only on himself. He keeps saying he wants kids! The last time the topic came up I told him, "You do realize you have to share your stuff and spend money on kids, right?"

I'm also a wuss when it comes to pain. Know I couldn't handle the whole 9 month thing...then the birth...then the stuff that comes after!

Not for me...guess I'm like you Mara- biological clock must be stuck on no.

My son's girlfriend I have a feeling will be the same. She says now she will never have children as it would mess up her beautiful body.......

Not worrying about me messing up my beautiful body- lol. Hubby thinks I'm a looker but I know I need to lose some weight!

My concern was always would I be a good mom? Friend- yes. Confidante- yes. Mom- not sure.

I just don't think I ever had it in me so to the women on this forum who are blessed with children- you are very special. It takes a special person to be a mom!

Will just be happy with being a mom to a furry baby, my cat, Simba! Who is almost 19 so she is the equivelent of a 90 year old person! Still haven't mastered cats yet so I know I'm not cut out for children! :laughing guy:

Edited by crimsonfrippy
  • Like 2

See, even the idea of being pregnant absolutely makes me gag. I have a nearly pathological horror of it; it's my "recurring nightmare" and I've woken up before clutching at my stomach and panicking before realizing it was an awful dream.

Not only has my biological clock never started ticking - I don't think the batteries were ever installed. I have one grandmother who initially expressed some disappointment that I'm not carrying on the family line (both parents were only children and I am the only surviving grandchild), but after I asked her if she wanted to raise a baby at 85, she dropped the subject! Mom absolutely made it clear that she was done raising kids as well.

My husband's nephew (married) is probably the most self-centered, cheapass person I know. He makes good money but spends it only on himself. He keeps saying he wants kids! The last time the topic came up I told him, "You do realize you have to share your stuff and spend money on kids, right?"

I'm also a wuss when it comes to pain. Know I couldn't handle the whole 9 month thing...then the birth...then the stuff that comes after!

Not for me...guess I'm like you Mara- biological clock must be stuck on no.

My son's girlfriend I have a feeling will be the same. She says now she will never have children as it would mess up her beautiful body.......

Not worrying about me messing up my beautiful body- lol. Hubby thinks I'm a looker but I know I need to lose some weight!

My concern was always would I be a good mom? Friend- yes. Confidante- yes. Mom- not sure.

I just don't think I ever had it in me so to the women on this forum who are blessed with children- you are very special. It takes a special person to be a mom!

Will just be happy with being a mom to a furry baby, my cat, Simba! Who is almost 19 so she is the equivelent of a 90 year old person! Still haven't mastered cats yet so I know I'm not cut out for children! :laughing guy:

Very well said. If it were right for you, you would just know it. I think I have heard that some think folks who don't have children and don't want them are selfish. Bullsh*t. Those that have them and shouldn't turn out to be the selfish one's... :)
  • Like 1

I rarely ever babysat when I was a teen. And on those occasions where I got manipulated into it. . . . yeah, I was that babysitter who taught the preschoolers and kindergartners to swear and shoot the bird. :D
  • Like 1

I rarely ever babysat when I was a teen. And on those occasions where I got manipulated into it. . . . yeah, I was that babysitter who taught the preschoolers and kindergartners to swear and shoot the bird. :D

Well they had to learn it sometime!

:cool:

I can guarantee you that the kids have happier and more fulfilled lives when they're wanted.

You... have been spending too much time in SOCN threads :D

Nahh, I'm just speaking on a topic I know a thing or two about. I rebroke myself of the SOCN habit, thank goodness.

No doubt it will come around again, but for now I'm feeling a blissful lack of compulsion to spend any time in that swamp :LOL:

Edited by GeddysMullet

I can guarantee you that the kids have happier and more fulfilled lives when they're wanted.

You... have been spending too much time in SOCN threads :D

Nahh, I'm just speaking on a topic I know a thing or two about. I rebroke myself of the SOCN habit, thank goodness.

No doubt it will come around again, but for now I'm feeling a blissful lack of compulsion to spend any time in that swamp :LOL:

:cheers: