I love jalapenos

hobo73

I love spicy food, but not too hot. "¡Está bien que pique, pero que no arda!"

I love it when you type Spanish. I now know that you don't say "caliente" when referring to spicy food. Thx. Edited by Aikenrooster
  • Like 1

A few years ago on a fly-in fishing trip, me and my two buddies ate 5 boxes of those jalapeno poppers in two days… they’re like eating suicide wings. You just cannot NOT eat one more.

I tried making my own a few times but I just can’t figure out to get the Panko bread crumbs to stick to the goddam jalapeno peppers. I tried everything, egg wash, flour, everything… even scratching them a little bit to rough the skins up so the stuff would stick. I gave up and now they are one of the very few processed foods I buy. Damn things…

A few years ago on a fly-in fishing trip, me and my two buddies ate 5 boxes of those jalapeno poppers in two days… they’re like eating suicide wings. You just cannot NOT eat one more.

I tried making my own a few times but I just can’t figure out to get the Panko bread crumbs to stick to the goddam jalapeno peppers. I tried everything, egg wash, flour, everything… even scratching them a little bit to rough the skins up so the stuff would stick. I gave up and now they are one of the very few processed foods I buy. Damn things…

I've never made these (love them though!) but what about double dredging them and then sticking in the fridge for a little bit to let the coating adhere better?

Tried that too… I don’t know what the secret is. I asked a chef friend of mine and he said “fu**ed if I know.” Maybe some kind of Krazy Glue?

I love spicy food, but not too hot. "¡Está bien que pique, pero que no arda!"

I love it when you type Spanish. I now know that you don't say "caliente" when referring to spicy food. Thx.

"picar"...to sting, jab at (like with a pick). That's why it's called "salsa picante". Fred Flintstone is "Pedro Picapiedras" (Peter Pickstones)

"arder" is to burn. Like "ardent" or "ardor", in English. :fury:

No homework today.

I am so ashamed of myself… all this talk about jalapenos and poopers and stuff made me go nuts tonight. I drove 25 minutes to the closest town and bought a box of those jalapeno poppers. Drove home – cranked a pot of canola oil onto the stove – deep fried ‘em - ate the whole goddam box. I think there were about 16 in there.

They were good though…

• Like 1

hahaaaaa I remember one time my douchebag uncle (no, really, he's a jerk lol) tried to be all tough with some jalapeno hot sauce. The bottle said "EXTRA HOT- DO NOT eat if you have pre-existing heart conditions."

He said "PFT. That warning is for WIMPS." and chugged it straight from the bottle.

.....long story short, an ambulance was called and he was hauled off, face purple and unable to breathe. Dumbass. lol

• Like 2

I am so ashamed of myself… all this talk about jalapenos and poopers and stuff made me go nuts tonight. I drove 25 minutes to the closest town and bought a box of those jalapeno poppers. Drove home – cranked a pot of canola oil onto the stove – deep fried ‘em - ate the whole goddam box. I think there were about 16 in there.

They were good though…

POOPERS! hahaha

Glad we inspired ya :D

• Like 1

Jalapenos are tasty! Here is a good appetizer, but a little tedious in the preparation.

Can of whole pickled jalapenos

cream cheese

sliced genoa salami, smaller diameter: 1.5 - 2 inches

Firecrackers:

slice jalapenos into slivers 1/4" wide, smaller or larger depending on how hot you want them

spread some cream cheese down middle of salami slice

add jalapeno slice

Roll up and hold with a toothpick

Super tasty

We’re expecting ANOTHER 2 feet of F–ing snow today and into tomorrow. So, I guess it’s time sit tight, hunker down by the ‘ol woodstove and crank out a box of jalapeno poppers.

This all Hobo’s fault.