The Open Championship 2005

Midway Hawker

QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Jul 16 2005, 03:42 AM)
I had a fantastic day at St Andrews yesterday, one of the highlights was watching Nicklaus and Watson.

We also followed Monty for a while, I bet he is cursing those two dropped shots otherwise he would be at -9 this moring.

I still think Woods will do it, he looks supremely confident.

Here are some views.

The Great Man

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/jimmiltonbridge/Open5.jpg

A View of The Great Course

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/jimmiltonbridge/Open9.jpg

Enjoying a well earned beer at the end of the day ( thats me looking tired on the right)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/jimmiltonbridge/Open2.jpg

Wow great pics Milton! 1287.gif trink39.gif

Awesome dude!!! Great pics!

Monty just birdied the 10th and things are tightening up. Tiger only up by 1 over Monty and Olly, and Goosen in the clubhouse only 2 back.. I'm so glad Tiger isn't running away with it. Looks like the wind is blowing hardered right now in the afternoon. It's shaping up to be a great finish.

trink38.gif

Tiger was up by three again, then he shit the bed on the 16th and was up by only one, but made two amazing putts on 17 and 18 and is two up on Ollie. Everytime Tiger is in the lead in a major and starts to falter, he always sinks a miracle putt or two to pull himself out. That lag putt on 18 was sick.

I'm not a big fan of Monty, but man, does he deserve a major. Especially this one. Tiger never gives up a major when he's leading going into the final round, but there's always a first time.

Looking good for tomorrow, it won't surprise anyone that I will be rooting for Monty, however I think Woods will stick in there unless disaster strikes.

On another point how good did the course look today, I thought it was wonderful.

It's been a great event. I'm hoping for anyone but Tiger, but he is obviously the favorite, but like 1001 said, there's a first time for everything and I hope he chokes. Would love to see Monty, Retief, or even someone like Brad Faxon win this thing.

I'll be up in about 7 hours to watch!

trink39.gif

Ite been great so far this afternoon - have just managed to prise myself of the couch - but not for long.

I think Monty has the confidence to do it if Tiger lets anything slip.

I think I jinxed Monty - his play has gone down hill since I wrote that.

Perhaps I will try again - Woods looks like a worthy champion, I thought when he missed those birdie chances the Monty and Olazabel had a chance but tey failed to take it.

St Andrews always gets a great Champion.

I am not a Tiger Woods fan because of his "coarse" language on the course and for his fits of pique, but he is showing that he is indeed better than everyone else out there.

I was not disappointed to see him win this one. He earned it, no question about it. I would have liked to see Olazabal or Monty win, but Tiger did outplay them and I can respect that much.

Archived