Lucky Me, I Have The DVD!!!

greyfriar

Just returned home to find the DVD on my doormat

oh happy day!

Enjoy! The concert is so great you'll love it. :cheers:

Loved it :haz:

It brought back many great memories of seeing them back in May

I personally find the 2.0 bluray mix to be terrible. The guitar is very present, the drums are buried deep in the mix (barely audible). It's one of the worst mixes I've heard in a Rush concert release film. I find Time Machine and Snakes and Arrows absolutely destroy this one.

Sucks.

I agree with point #1 - I was disappointed with the 2.0 sound on the bluray - drums are buried.

However, I don't agree with points #2 &3 - Time Machine was even worse.

I personally find the 2.0 bluray mix to be terrible. The guitar is very present, the drums are buried deep in the mix (barely audible). It's one of the worst mixes I've heard in a Rush concert release film. I find Time Machine and Snakes and Arrows absolutely destroy this one.

Sucks.

I agree with point #1 - I was disappointed with the 2.0 sound on the bluray - drums are buried.

Hrmmm Im listening to Time Machine 1080P rip right now and I can hear literally every drum hit and tom fill.

• Like 1

Sucks.

Terrible, buried, worst, destroy, sucks, disappointed, worse...

Let the whining go on... I'm sorry but my ears must be worse, destroyed or buried, the thing sounds good and I can hear every drum roll very clear. The seperation of the instruments is also pristine. I can't make out anything barely audible.

• Like 3

Sucks.

Terrible, buried, worst, destroy, sucks, disappointed, worse...

Let the whining go on... I'm sorry but my ears must be worse, destroyed or buried, the thing sounds good and I can hear every drum roll very clear. The seperation of the instruments is also pristine. I can't make out anything barely audible.

I thought the same thing - Rush fans are hard to please.

• Like 2

I have no idea what anyone was complaining about. I just remembered someone whining about drums being too loud, but I didn't even notice that and didn't remember that being one of the criticisms until just now.

As for Geddy's voice, the man still has it. I'm almost tempted to say that his voice is better than it ever was because he now sings on a more manageable level.

When I heard him sing The Garden, I started crying. For me, that's a lot.

Greyfriar is right. I think he is the one that said when you watch this, it is like watching home videos of your family that you haven't seen in a while.

I don't mean to sound hokey or like a pop psychologist using psycho-babble, but this DVD has been a real bonding experience. :LOL: With :rush: :wub: and everyone here! :ebert: :notworthy: :hug2:

• Like 4

I have no idea what anyone was complaining about. I just remembered someone whining about drums being too loud, but I didn't even notice that and didn't remember that being one of the criticisms until just now.

As for Geddy's voice, the man still has it. I'm almost tempted to say that his voice is better than it ever was because he now sings on a more manageable level.

When I heard him sing The Garden, I started crying. For me, that's a lot.

Greyfriar is right. I think he is the one that said when you watch this, it is like watching home videos of your family that you haven't seen in a while.

I don't mean to sound hokey or like a pop psychologist using psycho-babble, but this DVD has been a real bonding experience. :LOL: With :rush: :wub: and everyone here! :ebert: :notworthy: :hug2:

The complaints about the drums is that we don't hear them enough.

• Like 1

I was very unimpressed and a bit disappointed when I first watched this. I went to 5 concerts during this tour and didn't get the feeling of reliving it much at all like I have with other DVD's they've released.. Sound quality isn't the best and all the jumping around from camera to camera (long shots especially) gives a feeling of detachment. I'd put it about even with Time Machine even with poor Geddy's head cold vocals even though the picture quality is very good on the blu-ray.
  • Like 1

I was very unimpressed and a bit disappointed when I first watched this. I went to 5 concerts during this tour and didn't get the feeling of reliving it much at all like I have with other DVD's they've released.. Sound quality isn't the best and all the jumping around from camera to camera (long shots especially) gives a feeling of detachment. I'd put it about even with Time Machine even with poor Geddy's head cold vocals even though the picture quality is very good on the blu-ray.

So :huh: is the review..... :) Edited by Narpet
  • Like 1

Well, for me, who wasn't fortunate enough to see them in concert at all, the DVD is as good as it is going to get for me.

My very first impression, when it started, was "Good Lord, how they have aged!", but then, when Subdivisions began and sent me back decades down a memory lane I had forgotten about, Rush began to work their magic on me and, the longer the concert went on, the younger they got.

• Like 3

So :huh: is the review..... :)

Overall I'd say a 5 out of 10.

So :huh: is the review..... :)

Overall I'd say a 5 out of 10.

I was correct then :huh: :)