goose

Thanks for nothing, Nevada...

http://watchdog.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/03/HarryReid.jpg

OK, for once and for ALL....

Is it pronounced /nuh-VA-duh/.......as in "bad"......??

Or is it /nuh-VAH-duh/.........as in "father".....??

:huh: :P

It's pronounced /nuh-VAY-duh/, as in "day" :P

Hmmm, I got in a semi-argument with a friend about this once...I deliberately make sure to say it the "wrong" way now.

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 1

OK, for once and for ALL....

Is it pronounced /nuh-VA-duh/.......as in "bad"......??

Or is it /nuh-VAH-duh/.........as in "father".....??

:huh: :P

It's pronounced /nuh-VAY-duh/, as in "day" :P

Hmmm, I got in a semi-argument with a friend about this once...I deliberately make sure to say it the "wrong" way now.

This issue cracks me up. People from this state are passionate about saying Nevada with the "a" as in "sat". Educated people. People with doctorates in linguistics.

Of course, typical to American culture, we are wrong about how we pronounce our own name. It's a Spanish word, which should be, and is correctly pronounced, Ne-vah-da. Two million residents suffering from latent (and not so latent) anti-hispanic bigotry won't change that fact. Just don't use this as your platform for election to the state legislature.

• Like 2

Thanks for nothing, Nevada...

http://watchdog.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/03/HarryReid.jpg

Thanks for nothing, Tea Party.

http://skepticism.org/images/jreviews/tn/tn_8307_Sharron-Angle-2010.jpg

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Today's celebration of our 150th anniversary was fantastic. A great parade in front of the capitol, Bunny Ranch float included, followed by a racous street party that went into the late hours. Saw people I hadn't seen in years!

Warts and all, this is a great state. Get 50 miles north of Las Vegas and Nevada becomes as close to a libertarian Utopia as you'll find in the US.

Today's celebration of our 150th anniversary was fantastic. A great parade in front of the capitol, Bunny Ranch float included, followed by a racous street party that went into the late hours. Saw people I hadn't seen in years!

Warts and all, this is a great state. Get 50 miles north of Las Vegas and Nevada becomes as close to a libertarian Utopia as you'll find in the US.

There's quite a bit of Libertarian activity around here too.

• Like 1

Where is "here"?

Where is "here"?

Where I am.