Some strange things are happening to Astronauts

Alsgalpal

http://www.upworthy.com/some-strange-things-are-happening-to-astronauts-returning-to-earth?g=2&c=ufb2

I've always thought about matter being indestructible and can't just be created. You have to use something else to make what you are creating. You are just rearranging molecules...

We are billions of years old, all of us. Our molecules are what make us up, and those molecules were something else before that.

Everything is so fragile, and it's all truly miraculous how it all came to be! Science is awesome. :D

I just wish everyone had the same enlightenment as the astronauts did.

• Like 3

I sometimes forget how beautiful the Earth is :notworthy:

I liked the part about traveling to another planet, to get closer to one's own and also that we're already in space. I never thought of it like that, but it makes perfect sense. The kind of serenity I get from seeing the footage of the Earth from outer space, is the same I'm hoping to feel when it's my time to leave this place :angel:

Mind ... blown

• Like 5

You guys have already said what I wanted to say so I just want to add:

Wonderful video! I love this stuff, this planet, this universe!! :wub:

Thanks for sharing Alsgalpal!! :cheers: :hi: :)

• Like 1

I've always thought about matter being indestructible and can't just be created. You have to use something else to make what you are creating. You are just rearranging molecules...

It's kind of true. I think high school physics classes still teach matter cannot be created or destroyed.

Einstein's famous equation E=mC^2 is saying matter and energy are interchangeable. C is just a (really big) constant. E is energy. M is mass.

Quite an amazing realization nearly 100 years ago. A little mass can produce a huge amount of energy (i.e. nuclear fusion on the the sun). The converse can account for the big bang, assuming empty space has energy, which it appears to have.

Rush might even have a song about the unfortunate fallout (pun intended) from that discovery.