"I Don't Know" Any "Dirty Women" Do You? SABBATH SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

RUSHHEAD666

So after watching the legendary Sabbath last night I was completely fooled by a tune called "Dirty Women."

I couldn't believe they picked this song to be in their 2013 set list.

I honestly was never a huge fan of the "TE" album well until tonight.

I just cranked the cd! By the way it's a Japanese cd pressing in the SHM format. The audio absolutely blows away that generic American aluminum piece of shit.

Perhaps the UK remaster in the cardboard sleeve is better.

Anyway while I was watching and listening to "Dirty Women" last night with lots of big screen boobies it dawned on me that near the end of the track it reminded me of Ozzy's "I Don't Know."

Wouldn't you metal experts agree with me?

Did Ozzy rip off the mellow part of "Dirty Women?"

I think so guys!

Personally I don't care because both songs are beyond EPIC.

Tony goes off at the end of that tune and of course Randy was well Randy. Untouchable.

Check it out for your own ears if you have the time:

"Dirty Women"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6IUFzFeBkU

"I Don't Know"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoOcGiYOHfI

It is a good song that one Earl!

There's a song on TE that after the doomy opening riff sounds like something off Diary of a Madman to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkl5tc3CE4o

Yes Pat buddy! I totally agree!!!

Wow! I've never gotten into this album much. I'm 45 years old and finally obsessing over it.

TE is one of the best albums ever made. Damn Tony is amazing on this song too.

What if Randy Rhoads never crashed that plane into a barn trying to show off to Ozzy?

Tony is so amazing and I must openly say on a pubic forum that he was never one of my favorites.

Until now.

As a matter of fact I think that the 2013 Black Sabbath with Ozzy is better than the Heaven And Hell band. No offense to the greatness of DIO. I love him too. RIP

But wow. I was bored with the Heaven And Hell stuff live. Saw it twice. The best memory I have from the Heaven and Hell shows was when Ronnie came over to Wendy (my wife, not Dio's Wendy) and gave her the devil horns! It was priceless. We had front row!!!

TE and Never Say Die RULE!!!!!!

METAL!!!

It is a good song that one Earl!

There's a song on TE that after the doomy opening riff sounds like something off Diary of a Madman to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkl5tc3CE4o

Yes Pat buddy! I totally agree!!!

Wow! I've never gotten into this album much. I'm 45 years old and finally obsessing over it.

TE is one of the best albums ever made. Damn Tony is amazing on this song too.

What if Randy Rhoads never crashed that plane into a barn trying to show off to Ozzy?

Tony is so amazing and I must openly say on a pubic forum that he was never one of my favorites.

Until now.

As a matter of fact I think that the 2013 Black Sabbath with Ozzy is better than the Heaven And Hell band. No offense to the greatness of DIO. I love him too. RIP

But wow. I was bored with the Heaven And Hell stuff live. Saw it twice. The best memory I have from the Heaven and Hell shows was when Ronnie came over to Wendy (my wife, not Dio's Wendy) and gave her the devil horns! It was priceless. We had front row!!!

TE and Never Say Die RULE!!!!!!

METAL!!!

13 is better than The Devil You Know which is bit ponderous and dull by comparison.

Is Wendy not going to gigs anymore?? Is she Drawing the Line??

Technical Ecstasy is definitely an underrated album, there's a few classics on there at least! I like Never Say Die more though, I think NSD has a magic quality to it and Iommi is inspired on there with some real innovative guitar stuff from metal to rock to prog and jazz! The key though is the quality of the songs, the first 7 songs are all excellent. Iommi said in 1981 that he hated the album but maybe he just hated the old Ozzy-era Sabbath at that point...

I saw the Sabs at the Gorge this past Sat. night and loved them. Have seen them do Dirty Women one other time when they headlined Ozzfest in like '04 or so. Ozzy struggled terribly with it that time, so badly he got pissed and threw the mic down and stomped off the stage because his voice cracked and failed. This past Sat., he again struggled a bit with it the high parts though not nearly as badly. He also struggled a bit with Children of the Grave's high stuff too and both songs were near the end of the set. The rest of the set he sounded very good, as good as he ever has when I've seen him. I would suggest the band rework their setlist a bit and put the songs with higher notes that are harder for him to sing closer to the beginning of the set. Oh, and I love Dirty Women in particular and TE in general.

As for some Sabbath songs sounding like some solo Ozzy songs, keep in mind he writes the melodies for Sabbath. That means he often brings the song structure to a recording session, likely worked out on a piano. Geezer does the lyrics most of the time (though I think Pariah off the new album is a solo Ozz song he brought to the 13 sessions) and Tony creates the (greatest metal) riffs (ever) and (fukking incredible and perhaps the greatest metal) solos (ever).

I saw the Sabs at the Gorge this past Sat. night and loved them. Have seen them do Dirty Women one other time when they headlined Ozzfest in like '04 or so. Ozzy struggled terribly with it that time, so badly he got pissed and threw the mic down and stomped off the stage because his voice cracked and failed. This past Sat., he again struggled a bit with it the high parts though not nearly as badly. He also struggled a bit with Children of the Grave's high stuff too and both songs were near the end of the set. The rest of the set he sounded very good, as good as he ever has when I've seen him. I would suggest the band rework their setlist a bit and put the songs with higher notes that are harder for him to sing closer to the beginning of the set. Oh, and I love Dirty Women in particular and TE in general.

As for some Sabbath songs sounding like some solo Ozzy songs, keep in mind he writes the melodies for Sabbath. That means he often brings the song structure to a recording session, likely worked out on a piano. Geezer does the lyrics most of the time (though I think Pariah off the new album is a solo Ozz song he brought to the 13 sessions) and Tony creates the (greatest metal) riffs (ever) and (fukking incredible and perhaps the greatest metal) solos (ever).

Excellent post dude!!!!

I always liked Technical Ecstasy- never understood all the hate it gets.

I'm a huge Sabbath fan. Hands down my least favorite album of the Ozzy era. If I had to pick a favorite song off it, it would actually be Bill's It's Alright. All Moving Parts (Stand Still) is up there with their worst songs ever.

• Like 1

I'm a huge Sabbath fan. Hands down my least favorite album of the Ozzy era. If I had to pick a favorite song off it, it would actually be Bill's It's Alright. All Moving Parts (Stand Still) is up there with their worst songs ever.

I love It's Alright. It's def the worst of the Ozzy era, but I still think it's a decent album.

these records (TE and NSD I mean) aren't bad, they're not anything special though. some good tunes on both, take all the good songs off both records and put em on one, you've got yourself a killer record
  • Like 1

I love it all buddy! Many people hate "Never Say Die." Many hate "Johnny Blade!" I LOVE IT ALL!!

"I LOVE YOU ALL!!! SHOW ME YOUR FUCKKING HANDS!"

Love Always,

OZZY

these records (TE and NSD I mean) aren't bad, they're not anything special though. some good tunes on both, take all the good songs off both records and put em on one, you've got yourself a killer record

Hey dude! You make good sense but as a 45 year old rocker I LOVE THEM ALL!!!!!!

I was a Black Sabbath late bloomer. The story of my life, but man I love every Black Sabbath album!!!!!!!!

"Dehumanizer" is excellent!!! RIP DIO!!!!!

Life is short! LIVE TO ROCK AND ROCK TO LIVE!

"LONG LIVE ROCK AND ROLL!"

RAINBOW RULES TOO!

• Like 1