Do you think we'll ever see the String section on Tour again?

losingit2k

Do you think we'll see the String section on tour again?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we'll see the string section on tour again?

• Yes
    • Nope! Never again

I don't think so but we might see 'other' special guest joining them on some parts of another tour

I'm just sad they didn't do "Losing It" while they had the live strings

I hear you brother. Maybe one of these guest will be Ben Mink and then they'll play Losing It.

:drool:

Naw, no way. They had their chance for Losing It and it didn't happen.

I don't think it's ever going to get played now :(

Nevere say Never! But I do know what you mean. :boohoo:

I'm in the "keep the string section" camp. I have no clue what the band thinks about the future of the strings, but I think they got it right, and actually could have used the strings more on the earlier material. Normally, a symphony orchestra on stage is a sign that Fonzie is about to show up with his bike and a shark tank, but even my brother, who was utterly merciless on the way home from the AC show, said that he thought the string section was great (I think that was the only positive thing he said about the entire show, and he is an unashamed basher of everything they've done since MP, so that's quite a leap for him. For example, his overall summary of the show was something like, "thank god for that last 20 minutes, or I wouldn't have enjoyed one second of that show.").

I'm in the "keep the string section" camp. I have no clue what the band thinks about the future of the strings, but I think they got it right, and actually could have used the strings more on the earlier material. Normally, a symphony orchestra on stage is a sign that Fonzie is about to show up with his bike and a shark tank, but even my brother, who was utterly merciless on the way home from the AC show, said that he thought the string section was great (I think that was the only positive thing he said about the entire show, and he is an unashamed basher of everything they've done since MP, so that's quite a leap for him. For example, his overall summary of the show was something like, "thank god for that last 20 minutes, or I wouldn't have enjoyed one second of that show.").

I agree I think they did it right as well! :codger:

I hope its a one tour thing. Rush is a three man rock band. Please leave it that way.

I have no control over what RUSH does. If they want to tour with Strings again, I'm ok with it. If they want to tour with a complete Orchestra, I'd be ok with it. It they want to bring guest performers (Ben Mink, Amy Mann) I'm fine with that as well. I don't need to control what RUSH does to enjoy their music live. They have and will always deliver. :codger:

• Like 2

I doubt they'll do it again since they're somewhat restricted in what they have to play to accommodate the strings. This could be their final tour and I'm guessing most people would rather see just the three of them. I know I would. Something like the R30 tour without the covers would be great.
  • Like 1