Working out

Is it not cold doing the naked run though? Or is it held in summer? And what do bystanders think? Or are all bystanders carefully blindfolded by race marshals who run ahead of the field? :smoke:

It's held during summer at a nudist park so all the bystanders are naked too. Every single person there is naked. It's not required but if you wear clothes, you stand out like a sore thumb and then you're the person everyone stares at.

Oh I wouldn't mind being stared at with my clothes on, I'd be content and relaxed and at ease. :hi:

Is it not cold doing the naked run though? Or is it held in summer? And what do bystanders think? Or are all bystanders carefully blindfolded by race marshals who run ahead of the field? :smoke:

Portland, Oregon (in many ways, Seattle's kid sister) has an annual naked bicycle race. When I lived in Portland in the 90s, I tried to push for a naked pogo stick marathon but the idea didn't catch on...but it almost did. The Northwest is like that. :blaze:

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

FYI Janie. I am going to drop the whole "photo's of you thing". I am no creepo for sure and do not ever want to be perceived as one. I am not saying either that you thought that, but I'm just putting it out there so there is no confusion :D. I don't have the patience to dig through the whole forum to find any and I was just curious who I was conversing with. No harm, no foul. :codger: :outtahere:

I didn't mean to make it sound like I was bothered by it or something! I'm not!! It's just that in the past here (I've been a member since 2008) I have posted, I think, too many photos of myself and didn't want people to go, "Oh jeez, I am SO sick of looking at her mug." :LOL:
  • Like 1

Portland, Oregon (in many ways, Seattle's kid sister) has an annual naked bicycle race. When I lived in Portland in the 90s, I tried to push for a naked pogo stick marathon but the idea didn't catch on...but it almost did. The Northwest is like that. :blaze:

One thing I love about the Pacific NW is that we're kind of wacky. Next year, if you look closely, you just may see a certain TRF girl as a naked cyclist in the Fremont parade. ;)

Having a fit body at any age is respectable but let's face it, it's much easier to be tone in your 20s than it is past 35...and especially if you've squeezed out a few puppies

Preach it brother! It is harder to get and stay toned and in shape but you know what? I feel a lot better about my body now than I did as a teenager or in my 20s. I was always very self-conscious (especially when dating new people) but now, I love my body. I'm much more relaxed. I also like my body better after having kids. Pregnancy was kind to my body though so... Edited by Janie

FYI Janie. I am going to drop the whole "photo's of you thing". I am no creepo for sure and do not ever want to be perceived as one. I am not saying either that you thought that, but I'm just putting it out there so there is no confusion :D. I don't have the patience to dig through the whole forum to find any and I was just curious who I was conversing with. No harm, no foul. :codger: :outtahere:

I didn't mean to make it sound like I was bothered by it or something! I'm not!! It's just that in the past here (I've been a member since 2008) I have posted, I think, too many photos of myself and didn't want people to go, "Oh jeez, I am SO sick of looking at her mug." :LOL:

It's all good........... :codger:

No transportation today to get to the gym (see what pissed me off today's post from yesterday for details) :rage: . I decided to take a four mile walk up to the local convenience store to pick up some cat food. Walked very fast and carried all the items back on my back. It felt good and every bit the workout I would have gotten at the gym. Just making a little lemon aid out of some lemons that life throw's at me. :codger:

Standard workout at the gym today. Lot's of lovely ladies of all shapes, ages and sizes sprinkled about. Sure makes life more worth living............. :codger: :dweez:

Standard workout at the gym today. Lot's of lovely ladies of all shapes, ages and sizes sprinkled about. Sure makes life more worth living............. :codger: :dweez:

I'm a gal who likes the guys but let me tell you, there are some very beautiful women at my gym who have amazing bodies and then try and not stare at them when they're naked in front of you after their shower in the locker room! I really wish I had better peripheral vision.

• Like 2

I had a frustrating workout today. My routine is to run the morning and then hit the gym. I didn't bundle up properly this morning and was too cold to have a good run. At the gym, it seemed like every machine I wanted to get on, someone else had beaten me to it! Every d*mn machine!

I had a frustrating workout today. My routine is to run the morning and then hit the gym. I didn't bundle up properly this morning and was too cold to have a good run. At the gym, it seemed like every machine I wanted to get on, someone else had beaten me to it! Every d*mn machine!

This message is just to fill in the blank because I quoted the wrong post.

:hi:

Edited by treeduck

I'm a gal who likes the guys but let me tell you, there are some very beautiful women at my gym who have amazing bodies and then try and not stare at them when they're naked in front of you after their shower in the locker room! I really wish I had better peripheral vision.

This is where I want to get my secret camera in this post, and the gym,,, :D-13:

• Like 1

Your obvious healthy outlook on the human body and life in general are very admirable............. :codger:

Its hard to not look when attractive and fit women are working out. I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable but its hard to not notice a beautiful person when you see them and human instinct is to look.

Your obvious healthy outlook on the human body and life in general are very admirable............. :codger:

:) I try .

Its hard to not look when attractive and fit women are working out. I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable but its hard to not notice a beautiful person when you see them and human instinct is to look.

Certainly. If you're pretty or handsome, people want to look. It's a compliment! As long as you're not all creepy about it. SO many pretty girls at my gym. The men are cute too but too many of them hang out in the free weights section. There are a few machines I like to work out on that border the free weights/muscle man section and it sounds like a total caveman orgy in that section. All grunts and groans and such. *shudder*

Certainly. If you're pretty or handsome, people want to look. It's a compliment! As long as you're not all creepy about it. SO many pretty girls at my gym. The men are cute too but too many of them hang out in the free weights section. There are a few machines I like to work out on that border the free weights/muscle man section and it sounds like a total caveman orgy in that section. All grunts and groans and such. *shudder*

My gym is sparsely used. It's unusual to see more than 2 or 3 people doing cardio and 2 or 3 people lifting weights. There is a separate room for machines and I never see anyone in there.

To be honest the who "caveman orgy" thing sounds none too appealing to me as well.

Put a little extra time in this morning on the treadmill. During my 40 minutes the only people around or near me were either older or out of shape dudes. As I was just getting ready to hit the "cool down" phase a lovely lady squeezed in next to me. That's all the inspiration I needed. Probably in her 40's, black hair, brown eyes and probably a few extra pounds right were they belong. I went ahead and ran a brisk half mile and then proceeded to walk another 10 intense minutes............... :blush: :rose: Edited by Narpet

I had a great workout too this morning. Had a great run and at the gym, I was able to get on every machine I wanted. In fact I even had someone ask to use one machine that he knew I was going to use next (said he knew I was on a "circuit" - the one I was on at the time was alternating between working my back and then my abs). I said it was no problem and just stayed on the current machine I was on for a little longer than usual until he was done. Not only did he bust out his sets and reps fast but he put everything back for me, including the weight I was using. Thought that was pretty cool. Plus, I got to stare at his butt while he used the machine.
  • Like 1

I had a great workout too this morning. Had a great run and at the gym, I was able to get on every machine I wanted. In fact I even had someone ask to use one machine that he knew I was going to use next (said he knew I was on a "circuit" - the one I was on at the time was alternating between working my back and then my abs). I said it was no problem and just stayed on the current machine I was on for a little longer than usual until he was done. Not only did he bust out his sets and reps fast but he put everything back for me, including the weight I was using. Thought that was pretty cool. Plus, I got to stare at his butt while he used the machine.

:P

I just got back from the gym. Chest and triceps today. I am sore already. Unfortunately there were no women in the gym to ogle. :(

No women! They are everywhere at my gym. Sure makes working out a pleasure.......... :yes:

I just got back from the gym. Chest and triceps today. I am sore already. Unfortunately there were no women in the gym to ogle. :(

No women! They are everywhere at my gym. Sure makes working out a pleasure.......... :yes:

My gym is decently packed on a daily basis. Far more women than men.

I'm getting a little frustrated right now in that I'm not very sore and I want to be. I lift enough weight and feel like I push myself while there but I'm just not as sore as I'd like to be.

My gym is decently packed on a daily basis. Far more women than men.

I'm getting a little frustrated right now in that I'm not very sore and I want to be. I lift enough weight and feel like I push myself while there but I'm just not as sore as I'd like to be.

I am sore enough today for both of us. I am going back later for another walk. My wife has finally got the bug (maybe). She is very overweight and I guess has been taking note long enough of my transformation. She has walked 2 miles each of the last 4 days. She has to work until 10 tonight. I am going to pick her up and take her to the gym with me. Her schedule is a little crazy, but I will try to help her until it hopefully becomes something that she "wants" to do. It has to be a passion and a desire, or results will never come........... :codger: