BTW, correction on 1975 Rush tour information

BenEicher

I've seen a lot of Rush fan sites listing tour stops in 1975 and including in them a stop in early May at Ohio Northern Univeristy in Ada, Ohio with KISS as headliners plus James Gang.

I was at that show. Rush did NOT appear. They were on the bill, and there was never any explanation why they didn't show up. A pseudo-jazz fusion band named The Flock appeared instead, to the great shock and dismay to those of us who were stoked to hear Rush.

Anyway, pass the word along to any and all of the tour list sites that the May 9 [i think that's the date] Ohio Northern University gig list was a no-show by Rush.

Ben Eicher

Rapid City, South Dakota

I've seen a lot of Rush fan sites listing tour stops in 1975 and including in them a stop in early May at Ohio Northern Univeristy in Ada, Ohio with KISS as headliners plus James Gang.

I was at that show. Rush did NOT appear. They were on the bill, and there was never any explanation why they didn't show up. A pseudo-jazz fusion band named The Flock appeared instead, to the great shock and dismay to those of us who were stoked to hear Rush.

Anyway, pass the word along to any and all of the tour list sites that the May 9 [i think that's the date] Ohio Northern University gig list was a no-show by Rush.

Ben Eicher

Rapid City, South Dakota

Well there's a quasi reference book called "Merely Players" published in 2002 that lists that concert date as Rush having played it. But the book is ridden with a myriad of errors so it's possible that this could be another one.

The unfortunate thing is that people that come across this book accept the information in it to be accurate and in this particular instance that is not the case.

Strangely, I actually own a Flock compilation CD. Jerry Goodman who was also in Mahavishnu and the Dregs was in this band. Good stuff if you are a fusion fan. I would imagine that they were great live (but maybe not-so-much if you were expecting Rush)

Ben Eicher

Rapid City, South Dakota

Well there's a quasi reference book called "Merely Players" published in 2002 that lists that concert date as Rush having played it. But the book is ridden with a myriad of errors so it's possible that this could be another one.

The unfortunate thing is that people that come across this book accept the information in it to be accurate and in this particular instance that is not the case.

Not to take this thread off topic, but that book was HORRIBLE! The fact that they even published it with the word "Merely" spelled wrong is just the beginning!

Ben Eicher

Rapid City, South Dakota

Not to take this thread off topic, but that book was HORRIBLE! The fact that they even published it with the word "Merely" spelled wrong is just the beginning!

The fact checkers were definately MIA with this book.

The Flock showed up instead of Rush?? shit I'd be totally asking for my $4.75 back!!

KISS and the James Gang...and a "pseudo-jazz fusion band" as a replacement? I'm having visions of "Spinal Tap" here... I'm sure they were great but probably not well received by that crowd... :boo hiss:

hate to say it but in 1975 Kiss would have made the show worth while.

going to go wash my mouth out with soap now..

• Like 1

The Flock Rock!

I'd trade all of my KISS, Rush and James Gang records just to hear them play once again.

Just ask Treeduck, they are totally metal! :haz:

http://psychedelicsight.com/wp-content/uploads/the-flock-album-cover.jpg