Calgary show moved to RED DEER!!!

MMCXII

Just heard this morning they are playing in Red Deer which is half way between Calgary and Edmonton. All proceeds are going to flood relief in Calgary!!!

Rush in Red Deer. This is amazing!!! I'm not missing this!

Omg! (And I never say omg lol) this is unreal! I just had an amazing day for various reasons then I come home and find out instead of driving three hours to see rush I'm going to drive 90 minutes to see a benefit concert!! This is going to be a special show! Any fellow TRFers going to go? We should plan a pre-party!

I'm so stoked about this :))))

Omg! (And I never say omg lol) this is unreal! I just had an amazing day for various reasons then I come home and find out instead of driving three hours to see rush I'm going to drive 90 minutes to see a benefit concert!! This is going to be a special show! Any fellow TRFers going to go? We should plan a pre-party!

I'm so stoked about this :))))

tickets on sale monday!

Keep in mind, everyone who bought tickets to Calgary got a presale password for Red Deer, and it was while quantities last. So if Rush sold say 11,000-12,000 tickets and 2/3 of those people are willing to drive 80-90 mins it's entirely possible that there will be no tickets by the time the gig goes to public sale on Monday. I could also be way off, but that's my guess. They haven't been there in 6 years so there is certainly demand.

Keep in mind, everyone who bought tickets to Calgary got a presale password for Red Deer, and it was while quantities last. So if Rush sold say 11,000-12,000 tickets and 2/3 of those people are willing to drive 80-90 mins it's entirely possible that there will be no tickets by the time the gig goes to public sale on Monday. I could also be way off, but that's my guess. They haven't been there in 6 years so there is certainly demand.

Good point. still scalpers though

Who's smart enough to know if this show will be setlist A or B?

Well judging by the fact that the two shows in Halifax went A then B, A would be more probable. Though, they did A in Quebec the show before Halifax, so they might do another B. Realistically though since this is a special show, I could see them doing Limelight, either The Pass or Bravado, Seven cities of Gold and/or (because they did both in Dallas for the recording) Wish Them Well, and Dreamline. My personal hope is that we get B because I like all the songs in it better, but then again, I already saw B in Winnipeg, so A would be alrightish (though The Body Electric is one of my least favorite Rush Songs, and I feel really strongly for The Pass compared to Bravado). On a side note, wouldn't it be awesome if they played Limelight and recorded it for the live release? Special show with a special recording?

Who's smart enough to know if this show will be setlist A or B?

certainly not me but I'm curious too!..since I just got home from scoring a ticket for this show!!!!!

I am SO STOKED!! this is going to be a very special show for me. I've been to Red Deer lots but for a RUSH CONCERT?!? haha never has Rush ever played there. and it being a special benefit concert.. wow. I'm not even going to have a problem dumping my money into T-shirts and stuff because I know it's going to a good cause.

I hope I get to meet some of my fellow TRFers there too!

:cheers:

Not quite sold out I see. There is still tickets availible in the upper deck back corners of the arena. I really hope the locals step up and take advantage of a once in a lifetime chance to see rock legends playing in there backyard, and the money goes to a good cause to boot.

At this point it seems like any A & B prediction is a total crap shoot.

Edited by bootlegguy

I hope they don't drop Force Ten for reasons of respect. I know the song is about a storm, but with a storm comes water and water can mean flooding.

I hope they don't drop Force Ten for reasons of respect. I know the song is about a storm, but with a storm comes water and water can mean flooding.

They could replace it with Jacobs ladder! what..

I think that song fits perfectly, it would be a crime to take it out of the set.

They could replace it with Jacobs ladder! what..

Actually, come to think of it.. Jacob's Ladder is basically about the phenomenon of visible sun light rays coming out of the clouds after a storm.. pretty inspiring and uplifting.. can you think of a more fitting time to pull out JL??

it's probably the most requested song for them to bring back.. easy for them to play.. easy on Ged's voice.. hmmm

They might pull out "Closer to the Heart" for an encore

Agreed. Could happen...

I could see this actually happening. What with Alex using the electric for the acoustic sounds this tour. Easy for Ged to sing, they all know it to death. Easy enough to program a quick light setup for it. Come in to sound check 20 minutes early, run it 2 or 3 times, and ready to go. Would be kind of cool.

They might pull out "Closer to the Heart" for an encore

Agreed. Could happen...

I could see this actually happening. What with Alex using the electric for the acoustic sounds this tour. Easy for Ged to sing, they all know it to death. Easy enough to program a quick light setup for it. Come in to sound check 20 minutes early, run it 2 or 3 times, and ready to go. Would be kind of cool.

It would be cool for the people of Red Deer but horrible for me since I'm seeing them twice this tour, I've never seen them before and it's one of my favourite songs of ever.

Sometimes thats how it happens sadly. I mean it's a slim chance they'll change anything for the benefit show anyway, but yea. I'm seeing them in 10 days in Portland and I'd even feel a little bummed if they included something then took it out again.