Calgary show still going to happen???

bootlegguy

Ok. So it's basically certain that the Rush show won't go off as planned. They just cancelled Selena Gomez at the venue for Aug 16th. Obviously the Rush show on Jul 24 cannot go ahead. Show is not cancelled officially, but TM no longer lets you purchase tickets to it. I can only hope this is because they are still looking into a possible venue change. Please be Edmonton, Please be Edmonton!!!

I did see in an article that the Selena Gomez concert was moved to Lethbridge, maybe that's where rush will go.

That arena in Lethbridge is about 1/3 the size of saddledome. They wouldn't do that.

Calgary show cancelled, benefit concert taking it's place:

Due to recent flooding and water damage at the Scotiabank Saddledome, the RUSH concert originally scheduled for Wednesday July 24 had to be cancelled.

Rush has been moved by the situation in Alberta and have decided to perform their Clockwork Angels show at the closest location possible on the same date – Wednesday, July 24 in Red Deer, Alberta at the Enmax Centrium – and have ALL PROCEEDS to go Alberta Flood Relief.

Rush will be donating their fee, and paying for all their expenses. Their promoter partner Live Nation will also be donating their time and fees towards this cause. The venue, Enmax Centrium, will be donating goods and services to the event as well. It’s an all –hands-on-deck situation to donate time in order to raise as much money possible for our Alberta friends and fellow Canadians in need.

Lead vocalist and bassist for Rush, Geddy Lee, has made the following statement: “After seeing the devastation from the recent floods, we felt compelled to do what we could. While we had hoped to avoid cancelling the Calgary show, venue safety concerns have closed the venue. Our apologies to all of the fans that bought tickets to the Calgary show for any inconvenience. We’re hoping they – along with the great people of Red Deer – can come to the Enmax Centrium for what has now become a benefit concert. We’d like to thank everyone helping to put on this show for joining us in donating their time & services so we can raise as much money as possible to help those in need.”

Calgary ticket holders will have a chance to access a pre-sale to purchase tickets to the new Red Deer show starting Friday July 12th 10AM, until Sunday July 14 at 10PM (or while quantities last), before tickets go on sale to the general public on Monday, July 15 at 10AM. Presale information will be sent directly to those who had purchased tickets to the Calgary show. For further inquiries, fans can visit the Live Nation Alberta page on Facebook: www.facebook.com/livenationalberta

All tickets purchased online or via telephone will be automatically refunded starting on July 12th. Tickets purchased in person from a Ticketmaster outlet can be refunded at the original point of purchase outlet, starting July 16th. Tickets purchased in person at the Scotiabank Saddledome Box Office can be refunded at the Box Office, which is now reopened.

ALL PROCEEDS FROM THE RED DEER RUSH BENEFIT CONCERT WILL GO TO THE CANADIAN RED CROSS TO SUPPORT THE ALBERTA FLOOD RELIEF.

Calgary show cancelled, benefit concert taking it's place:

Due to recent flooding and water damage at the Scotiabank Saddledome, the RUSH concert originally scheduled for Wednesday July 24 had to be cancelled.

Rush has been moved by the situation in Alberta and have decided to perform their Clockwork Angels show at the closest location possible on the same date – Wednesday, July 24 in Red Deer, Alberta at the Enmax Centrium – and have ALL PROCEEDS to go Alberta Flood Relief.

Rush will be donating their fee, and paying for all their expenses. Their promoter partner Live Nation will also be donating their time and fees towards this cause. The venue, Enmax Centrium, will be donating goods and services to the event as well. It’s an all –hands-on-deck situation to donate time in order to raise as much money possible for our Alberta friends and fellow Canadians in need.

Lead vocalist and bassist for Rush, Geddy Lee, has made the following statement: “After seeing the devastation from the recent floods, we felt compelled to do what we could. While we had hoped to avoid cancelling the Calgary show, venue safety concerns have closed the venue. Our apologies to all of the fans that bought tickets to the Calgary show for any inconvenience. We’re hoping they – along with the great people of Red Deer – can come to the Enmax Centrium for what has now become a benefit concert. We’d like to thank everyone helping to put on this show for joining us in donating their time & services so we can raise as much money as possible to help those in need.”

Calgary ticket holders will have a chance to access a pre-sale to purchase tickets to the new Red Deer show starting Friday July 12th 10AM, until Sunday July 14 at 10PM (or while quantities last), before tickets go on sale to the general public on Monday, July 15 at 10AM. Presale information will be sent directly to those who had purchased tickets to the Calgary show. For further inquiries, fans can visit the Live Nation Alberta page on Facebook: www.facebook.com/livenationalberta

All tickets purchased online or via telephone will be automatically refunded starting on July 12th. Tickets purchased in person from a Ticketmaster outlet can be refunded at the original point of purchase outlet, starting July 16th. Tickets purchased in person at the Scotiabank Saddledome Box Office can be refunded at the Box Office, which is now reopened.

ALL PROCEEDS FROM THE RED DEER RUSH BENEFIT CONCERT WILL GO TO THE CANADIAN RED CROSS TO SUPPORT THE ALBERTA FLOOD RELIEF.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only will a concert go on, but I will have a chance at a better seat too!

If someone gets the Red Deer Presale password plz PM it to me. I don't have very much confidence in Music Today to get me a presale password

Same here, it's 30 minutes to sale time and I am getting nervous

Don't worry, I don't think you missed out on much. The best I saw was for lower bowl. Sucks because I had 2nd row for Calgary now it seems I would be lucky to get first 10 rows. Anyone else have any luck?

Got a presale pw from music today. Went on right at 12, best pair row 13 floor which is oddly enough the exact same thing I had for calagry so I'm happy. Too bad I didn't manage to get a little closer.

Well after loads of troubles I got row 16, one row back from Calgary, though based on the floor layout I think I might be at the front of the second set of chairs so my view won't be that bad. Damn Ticket Scalpers anyway right.

It's weird though because I don't see any good floor seats for sale on any scalper websites. It makes me think that this presale is just dumping average tickets and they are saving good seats for general or later?

Happier with VIPNation. Just got an email yelling me my VIP seats were automatically transferred if I want. After some consideration (approx. a nanosecond) I responded in the positive. I suspect that's where a chunk of the floor seats went, depending on VIP package sales.

A big relief, under the 'circumstances'...

Moved to red deer. See my thread :D

I called it!

Right on the $$..Way to go!! :ebert: :ebert:

I knew they wouldn't go far and want to help out aid-wise in some fashion!!