Finally! A healthy AND delicious breakfast sandwich

Lerxster

http://www.sakura-hostel.co.jp/blog/natto%201.jpg You should try this. It's REALLY Good. :scared:

It's called なっとう。(Hiragana) 納豆 (Kanji) Natto.

It's essentially fermented soybeans. It tastes like absolutely nothing, at least to me. But has a really gross texture.

I have it once a week. But it has LOTS of nutrients in it.

I usually have it over rice. Next to Tamagoyaki. Which is much more pleasing to a foreigner. Basically a sweet omelette.

Natto: fermented beans with a raw egg and soy sauce and smells like JohnnyBlaze's sweaty feet after hiking 5 hours under the summer sun. I tried that garbage 3 times even though I despise eggs as much as Mara. Sure it's healthy but so are hundreds of other dishes. Even the Japanese acknowledge that it stinks...soooooooooo a non-smelly version of natto has been in the market for years. Texturally, natto is like snot and chewing gum mixed.

Haha! You said it brother! Especially the texture. That pretty much sums it up! I haven't tried the non smelly version.

But I might. The smell wasn't too bad to me. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

http://www.sakura-hostel.co.jp/blog/natto%201.jpg You should try this. It's REALLY Good. :scared:

It's called なっとう。(Hiragana) 納豆 (Kanji) Natto.

It's essentially fermented soybeans. It tastes like absolutely nothing, at least to me. But has a really gross texture.

I have it once a week. But it has LOTS of nutrients in it.

I usually have it over rice. Next to Tamagoyaki. Which is much more pleasing to a foreigner. Basically a sweet omelette.

Natto: fermented beans with a raw egg and soy sauce and smells like JohnnyBlaze's sweaty feet after hiking 5 hours under the summer sun. I tried that garbage 3 times even though I despise eggs as much as Mara. Sure it's healthy but so are hundreds of other dishes. Even the Japanese acknowledge that it stinks...soooooooooo a non-smelly version of natto has been in the market for years. Texturally, natto is like snot and chewing gum mixed.

Haha! You said it brother! Especially the texture. That pretty much sums it up! I haven't tried the non smelly version.

But I might. The smell wasn't too bad to me. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

There is no attractive quality about natto imho. It only has the health benefit. There are some that enjoy the taste so that's cool. But it's funny to know those that FORCE themselves to eat it...literally eating it as fast as they can because they dislike the taste and smell. Sadists!!!!

Former Canadien worker of mine used to eat it with lunch nearly every day....and nearly gagged on it every day. He'd claim (while forcing himself to swallow a mouthful), "It's really healthy." Always made us smile to see his discomfort when eating it.