GED & ALEX TO APPEAR 4/16 la

jmdyyz

In the lead-up to Rush's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction on April 18th, the ArcLight Cinema in Los Angeles will be hosting a special screening of the Rush documentary Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage on April 16th at 7PM. The screening will be followed by a Q&A session with Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson hosted by Jim Ladd. Tickets are available through the ArcLight Cinema website here.

In the lead-up to Rush's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction on April 18th, the ArcLight Cinema in Los Angeles will be hosting a special screening of the Rush documentary Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage on April 16th at 7PM. The screening will be followed by a Q&A session with Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson hosted by Jim Ladd. Tickets are available through the ArcLight Cinema website here.

For everyone's info, this show has been sold out since last night as I tried to get a ticket myself. Rats!!! :(

WTF isn't Neil going to show up? It's in LA for Pete's sake. He has a moral obligation to be there dammit

Yeah, I hear ya! This adversion to the fans is getting quite old already! The same fans that allow him to have the lifestyle he's accustomed to!

:rage: :rage:

WTF isn't Neil going to show up? It's in LA for Pete's sake. He has a moral obligation to be there dammit

Yeah, I hear ya! This adversion to the fans is getting quite old already! The same fans that allow him to have the lifestyle he's accustomed to!

We're lucky he's even attending the RRHOF ceremony. He claims he's never watched Beyond the Lighted Stage.

We're lucky he's even attending the RRHOF ceremony. He claims he's never watched Beyond the Lighted Stage.

In Beyond..he claims that he just gets "creeped out" by the fans adoration. What did us fans do collectively to make him recoil into his shell? Besides some crazy idiots asking about the first family situation after it happened, which is very old news now anyway...He has a new family and should feel comfortable now. Time to move out of that sheltered existence.....

I have mixed feelings about this. It's possible that Neil just can't handle the attention... some people are like that. But, on the other hand - yes, he MUST realize that the vast majority of his fans aren't the "crazy ones" that he fears. This is a special event though and I think he should be there... but, Neil is Neil.

One more comment about the this whole celebrity thing –

Larry Mullen Jr., drummer with U2, will simply NOT sign autographs ever. Period - end of it. To me, that is incredibly arrogant and selfish. I heard him say on an interview that he doesn't sign autographs because some people sell them. So what? So, a few people are trying to make a few bucks on something that other people will pay money for. It’s not illegal or anything. It's not going to affect him or his bottom line.

Without those same people wanting his autograph, Mullen’s net worth would be about twenty bucks, rather than the 150 million that he is worth today.

In Beyond..he claims that he just gets "creeped out" by the fans adoration. What did us fans do collectively to make him recoil into his shell? Besides some crazy idiots asking about the first family situation after it happened, which is very old news now anyway...He has a new family and should feel comfortable now. Time to move out of that sheltered existence.....

First off, his tragedies were chronicled in the doc. He probably doesn't want to field fan questions from that part of his life. Thirdly, I think Neil's "shyness" was adequately explained in the doc, so either accept it or harbor hostilities against Neil for the rest of his life.

:)

First off, his tragedies were chronicled in the doc. He probably doesn't want to field fan questions from that part of his life. Thirdly, I think Neil's "shyness" was adequately explained in the doc, so either accept it or harbor hostilities against Neil for the rest of his life.

:)

Hey, I have no problem or harbor any hostility with Neil at all...I can fully understand his reluctance to do interviews as some people seem quite obsessed with the details of a 15+ year old story for some weird reason? If everyone would simply focus on current events rather than the past history, perhaps we could give Neil some "comfort room" that he needs. No need for anyone to relive the past, what the hell does that serve? Nothing at all. I just wish that at this time when RUSH is being recognized in such great fashion, that he could join Alex and Geddy and be comfortable for a change.

For everyone's info, this show has been sold out since last night as I tried to get a ticket myself. Rats!!! :(

Update: Second 8:30 pm showing has been added with the directors (McFayden & Dunn) of the documentary hosting the event with a Q&A session afterwards!! Grab your tix now!!!

Edited by rushfanforever!
  • Like 1

Was able to attend the 7:30 Q&A session with Geddy & Alex as a fellow fan had an extra ticket!! What an awesome experience!!

(Didn't stay for movie - only have seen the DVD a million times already!! LOL!!!)

:) :ebert: :clap: :yay:

:haz: :rush: :rush: :haz:

Edited by rushfanforever!

Was able to attend the 7:30 Q&A session with Geddy & Alex as a fellow fan had an extra ticket!! What an awesome experience!!

(Didn't stay for movie - only have seen the DVD a million times already!! LOL!!!)

:) :ebert: :clap: :yay:

:haz: :rush: :rush: :haz:

Don't be shy, tell us about it!